easy apple tart recipe

Sunday, March 11, 2012







Last time my mom came to visit me in Australia, she made this really yummy apple tart for dessert. I couldn't quite remember and/or find the recipe but I decided to just go for it yesterday and it worked out quite nicely. The best part is, you only need 3 ingredients!

Wanna make your own? Here's the recipe:

Easy Apple Tart Recipe

2 apples (I used golden delicious apples but any kind that are good for baking will do)
1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry
little bit of white sugar

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Lightly grease a baking tray.

Cut the apples into quarters, remove the cores and then slice them finely. You want the pieces to be quite thin so that they will lay nicely.

Take your puff pastry and make 4 circles. I did this by choosing a small plate, laying it down on the pastry and then cutting around it with a sharp knife. Easy peasy.

Arrange your apple slices on your puff pastry circles, overlapping the middle corners. Don't worry if they're sticking up, they'll flatten out nicely in the oven.

Sprinkle about a teaspoon (don't worry about being exact!)of sugar over each tart.

Pop in the oven for 20 minutes.

Serve warm with a dollop of cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!

p.s. I reckon this is a perfect dessert for a dinner party because you only need a few things, it takes about 5 minutes to assemble and you end up with a beautiful dish that's yummy to boot

10 comments:

  1. ooo i think robbie will be happy when we try this out! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a TOTAL sucker for anything pastry.. so i think i'm def going to have to try this one :) thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh, I can handle that! THANK you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your lovely profile pic on cheandfidel. This recipe is too easy! Will definitely try this one. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks absolutely delish...and ssoooooo easy! Definitely need to try this for myself :)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks beautiful! I can't wait to try.

    Catherine
    FEST

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting hungry just looking at the pictures! Looks delicious!

    I'm a new follower and you already inspire me... vegetarian, yoga, baking, rock climbing, living in Sydney :D love love love

    arosewithhappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger