my creative space: a handmade top, 2 ways

Thursday, March 29, 2012


DSC_0975_4

DSC_0984_4

DSC_0995_4
All photos by my awesome flatmate, thanks a million Alanna!

I whipped up this little cropped top a while back, but only just got around to getting photos of it. I got the inspiration from Minxy Vintage and then kind of improvised. I remember being so frustrated because right as I thought it was working out I realized that I had sewn one right side to one wrong side. Many expletives followed. I did still manage to finish it in one afternoon though, so it could not have been too tricky!

I got both the fabric and the vintage lace applique from a wonderful fabric sale that Katie and I went to last year. Between moving and all of the chaos of my present situation, much of my stash is still in boxes and I am starting to itch to make something. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get organized this week and find my way back to my beloved sewing machine. Fingers crossed...

What have you been making lately?

9 comments:

  1. Love it! I like the part when you say "many expletives followed..." I haven't been making anything lately, but I know I'll start on some summer dresses I've been dreaming up.

    Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog, dear <3

    LOVE dress GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!!! <3
    http://www.vanillasisters.com/2012/03/worldwide-giveaway-win-love-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool outfit! both styles suit you a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't believe you made this top!!! It is so completely adorable...love the lace trim and the way it puffs a little even though it's a crop. Looks great styled both ways...now I want one :)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... awesome top! And I'm totally loving those mustard shorts ... gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just paroozing the Anthro website and thought of you... now I come to your blog and you've basically made the cutest little top they'd sell for a billion dollars. Okay, maybe not a billion but still ghastly overpriced. Way to go kiddo.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. And the shorts and skirt. I can't wait for the summer and summer outfits. If I can fit into any of them of course...need to start that post-pregnancy diet soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeshyourheartout is right! I love the colors against the dark background. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely top, looks great on you both ways!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger