it's wool time

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

wool


wool

Every year when autumn rolls around I get the itch to bust out my wool and knit something. But I have to admit that I'm not a great knitter; in fact, my repertoire mostly extends to scarves and the occasional toque and every year I hope to change that. Whenever I see the beautiful sweaters that soulemama makes I wish that I could make one too.

Like this one, sigh... It's so simple and lovely, and I even have the pattern sitting on my desktop. For now though, I think I'll warm up with something simple. A scarf perhaps, or maybe some pillowcases. And then maybe, just maybe, I'll get started on my dream cardigan.

In the meantime, I'll hope that a knitting fairy godmother (i.e. someone who can help me complete said cardigan and fix up my mistakes) will magically appear!

5 comments:

  1. Right! It's Autumn. We're heading into Spring. I love the Fall. Cozy up with your knitting and tea pretty lady.

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes even something simple would be beautiful and created with your two hands ;) I hope you show us your progress, ...I so want to learn to knit!!! Good luck sweetie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops. Something weird happened there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still knitting my very first scarf... by knitting I mean it is balled up in a cupboard somewhere... :(

    I love the plum color wool with the red, that will make something super pretty I am sure!!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. i only knit scarves.
    i'm trying to break out of the rectangle, but eh.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger