my creative space: gifts for a baby

Thursday, April 19, 2012

handmade baby bibs and top


handmade baby bibs



appliqued baby top

appliqued baby top

It finally happened! After nearly 2 months of being completely ignored, my sewing machine finally saw some action this weekend. My unofficial sewing club friend and I got together in my little sewing room downstairs (I have my fashion design studying roommate to thank for that one!) and made stuff.

I made two bibs and appliquéd one teeny singlet to send off to a very special baby on the other side of the country. Both were inspired by patterns in Kelly Doust's The Crafty Minx. The little birds that I used for appliqué are from some old Ikea fabric and I'm the other fabrics were small pieces from my stash.

I have to say, there's something so satisfying about sewing for a baby. And imagining the little baby boy, who I haven't actually met, with a handmade bib around his neck, well that's even more satisfying.

15 comments:

  1. How cuuuuuuuuuute. Seriously, those are great. I love the bird. It's simple and classic. Nice work friend.

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly LOVE these!!! Such creativity, well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! Love the birds, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birds were the perfect fabric to cut up to applique. These looks sensational and unique. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi gaby, those bibs are absolutely adorable. and such a lovely blog, I'm excited to go have a look around x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great looking baby set, I especially love the ribbon you've used for the bibs, I think it suits very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice darling! Check my blog and...maybe you wanna folloow each other? kisses from Romania ;)

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable! I need to stop neglecting my sewing machine, too...there's just too many things on my to-do list :( Sigh.

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super cute. I am sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an adorable/creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such adorable gifts! Love your creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gaby you're such a talented lady - absolutely love how these turned out, those bibs are adorable & I love the little pop of polka dots. Aww!! Hope your weekend is lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are seriously SO cute! Love them, and your blog Gaby :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  14. Caaah ute! An old post, I know...but I'm catching up. and how could i not comment on the adorable-ness of these. You are really such a clever clog ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger