my creative space: a knit pillowcase

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Remember a few days ago when I said that my fingers were itching to make something out of wool.

And I also said that, for now, I would be sticking to something simple. Well here's what ended up happening...

knit pillowcase

A pillowcase that I made up in one continuous piece, ribbed on the front, normal on the back. Actually, 'normal' is probably an overstatement. Want to see something funny?

knit pillowcase

Yeah, this is what happens when you run out of wool, THREE times! Oops. I was intending for the whole pillowcase to be the one colour, but oh well. I like to think of it as charmingly kooky.

knit pillowcase

Finally, here it is in action. I just love the feeling when you finish making something and you can put it to use!

p.s. I just wanted to say thank you all for your sweet, helpful and inspiring words on my last post!

17 comments:

  1. I quite like when things go "wrong" like running out of wool... you know now that nobody else will ever make one just like it =) It looks sweet with the stripes on the back I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, running out of wool definitely gives it more charm :) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! Front is awesome. Looks great! Back is quirky! Love that too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cool. i love it. sadly i am allergic to wool though.
    also, saw you stopped by so i thought i would check out your blog. love it, you are super cute, and thanks for stopping by :)

    -k

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda like the 3 colors... I would have thought you planned that if you didn't say anything! Very cool though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the stripes! Sometimes accidents are very good things indeed.

    Your cushion cosies up your bed nicely. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the combination colours, they look fantastic, super cosy that's for sure, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are more talented than I. that is a fact.

    ReplyDelete
  9. its cosy-cute, i love it. and i love your 'doona' cover, very scandi looking x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love it!
    i can never get my ribs to look right! :( jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trying to follow you, keeps saying no, i'll keep trying, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so cute! I actually really like the tri coloured one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Strong work! And I HATE running out of wool... so annoying. It always seems to happen when I am all motivated to finish something, which is a rarity. Really love this rib stitch. Top job, well done! Love Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. it is so lovely! <3
    S.
    http://hipandchips.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the way it turned out! And now you have a cute story to tell with the pillow :o

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger