vegan gluten free pancakes

Monday, April 2, 2012

DSC_0740

Yup, you read that right. I'm about to share a recipe for vegan & gluten free pancakes. Mm hmm.

Now, I am neither vegan or gluten free. In fact, I freaking love gluten, and while I am a vegetarian, veganism is beyond my grasp at this point. My flatmates, however, are vegan and gluten free so I'm slowly getting used to their style of cooking and their oh so interesting pantry. So whether or not you are vegan, veggie or gluten free, I firmly believe that having a few recipes up your sleeve like this one will come in handy.

DSC_0726

Ingredients

1 cup gluten free self raising flour (or normal flour if that's cool with you)
pinch salt
teaspoon baking powder
1 cup soy or nut milk
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon oil (I used macadamia oil, coconut could also work, or just vegetable oil)

DSC_0732

Combine the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl and then tip into the dry ingredients. Mix together but be careful not to over mix!

Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Ladle in your pancakes (I used a measuring cup) and turn when they start to bubble up on the edges. Flip and cook the other side. Serve with maple syrup and/or jam.

DSC_0742

Yum.

11 comments:

  1. these look dreamy! i might have to try these out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids and I love pancakes! So, I'm going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. o yum and that first picture of the syrup being poured looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look awesome! I'm curious to try this, I've never had gluten free or vegan anything, besides obvious stuff :) Thanks for the recipe!

    Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! thanks for sharing. i always make vegan pancakes at home, will def try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now I have to make some!

    I'm having a giveaway, an awesome Tote from H&M. come and get it!
    www.houseofhemingway.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look delicious!

    http://www.menacherieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delish...can't wait to try these!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. well these look delicious. gluten free and all! yummy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Although these aren't Vegan, they're a great Gluten-Free alternative:

    http://eeshyourheartout.com/2012/02/27/weekend-warrior/

    I find Gluten-Free flour blends can cause my blood sugar to spike like crazy (very high GI) so I usually stick to almond or coconut flour. Anyhoo, these aren't as fluffly, but super hearty and delicious.

    Can you please come to L A so we can make pancakes together?
    Thank you.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although these aren't Vegan, they're a great Gluten-Free alternative:

    http://eeshyourheartout.com/2012/02/27/weekend-warrior/

    I find Gluten-Free flour blends can cause my blood sugar to spike like crazy (very high GI) so I usually stick to almond or coconut flour. Anyhoo, these aren't as fluffly, but super hearty and delicious.

    Can you please come to L A so we can make pancakes together?
    Thank you.

    XO

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger