Cranberry Coffee Cake, just cause

Friday, May 25, 2012



Last night when I got home from yoga I wanted to make a cake. I also wanted for that cake to involve sour cream. Don't ask me why; but the stomach wants what the stomach wants so I obliged. If you too feel like making a cake (with sour cream) for no particular reason, give this recipe a shot:

Cranberry Coffee Cake

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup cranberries (I used dried)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (you could probably use any kind of nut)
GLAZE:
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1 Tbsp warm water

Cream together butter, sugar and eggs. Sift dry ingredients together, then add to creamed mixture. Add sour cream and almond extract.

Place half the batter in a tin (I used a bundt tin cause I felt like it) then spoon the cranberries over this. Top with remaining batter and sprinkle nuts on top. Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 45-55 minutes (mine was done at 45 minutes).

For the glaze, combine the 3 ingredients then drizzle over warm cake.

Yum, yum.

10 comments:

  1. Wow this looks and sounds so good. I think I will have to try it out soon!
    Carlee

    http://allthingsaveragegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. I love cranberries. And I love cake. This sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your title should be "just cause I want to make your tummy growl" ;D
    Because definitely is after seeing this. Oh gosh, now I need to make this stat! I have a three day weekend so maybe I will ! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness that looks like one tasty cake! I couldn't mind a bite or slice of that myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds gorgeous! I do have a half tub of sour cream left in my fridge.. may have to give this a go =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks and sounds divine, anything with cream, I sign up for it:-)

    I like the uniqueness of this recipe, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowowow! yup! this just made the to-do list for the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuuum, thanks for the recipe, it looks delicious!

    http://www.tamarasblend.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger