my (vancouver) life in iphone photos round 16

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Just in time for my much anticipated trip home, my camera has carked it (died), as they would say in Australia. Hopefully the camera shop will be able to fix it, but in the meantime I've been snapping away like crazy with my iphone.


Traveling here all alone was brutal, I wouldn't recommend it.



My first day home, I went for a long walk through Granville Island. All the tulips are blooming, the grass is so green and baby Canadian geese are everywhere!


My brother is happy I'm home (I think). I love how in Canada coffee comes with cream :)


I was so happy to be reunited with my dog, Scout! My mom holding a friend's little one.


How beautiful is my city?


Funny story: My dad, brother and I were walking along the beach when my dad noticed this boat washed up and said, "Oh, that looks familiar." We got closer and sure enough, it's our old sailboat! I can still hardly believe the coincidence.


I've been thinking a lot lately about home and how I feel like I have two. When I was leaving Sydney to come here I said that I was "going home," and when I talk about going back to Oz at the end of this trip I say that I'm "going home." So it would seem that when I am halfway over the Pacific Ocean, no matter which direction I'm going, I'm heading home. And I guess that's not such a bad thing.

p.s. don't forget that today is the last day to enter to win a $50 gift card from Shabby Apple! I'll be drawing the winner tomorrow...

7 comments:

  1. you saw your own sail boat wash up on the shore! that is crazy! and enjoy being home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh the aquabus. How I love thee. Glad to hear that it the trip went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your city is beautiful! Both your homes are beautiful, you are one lucky girl.
    It looks like you are having a good time. Enjoy your little holiday trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Hope you have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah! so beautiful! i do love that feeling of having two homes. because what is better than being able to call places on opposite sides of the world "home"? and wait, they don't put coffee with cream in australia?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your own sailboat washed ashore! Surreal. I do love the pics you've taken of 'home'. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger