In L.A.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

L.A.

I arrived in L.A. at night, a bit groggy and worn out. Goodbyes always make me sad. Saying goodbye to my family, well that's the saddest. But I was excited to be there because I hadn't seen one of my oldest friends in 2 and a half years. Despite the fact that we haven't lived in the same city - let alone country - in over a decade, our nearly 20 year friendship is still going strong. We're lifers, as Aisha calls it.

Aisha planned a wonderful 48 hour trip for me: eating, exploring, shopping, laughing and then eating some more.

cherry pick vintage

First, we popped in to visit Aisha's friend Nina, owner of this fabulous vintage shop tucked on a street corner. I walked away with a cute yellow cardi; Aisha found a perfect dress for summer.

cherry pick vintage

cherry pick vintage

Aisha & Nina, cuties

eesh & i

Getting our zoolander on outside the shop

santa monica farmer's market

After visiting some of my favourite shops (Anthropologie, Victoria's Secret, Madewell, J Crew) we wandered through the Santa Monica Farmer's Market. Aisha assured me that being the granola gal that I am, I would love it. She was right, of course. Nibbling on the little offerings from the vendors was a food revelation; so this is what a strawberry should taste like! Oh, this is what fresh fruit juice tastes like! Wow.

santa monica farmer's market


cutie

santa monica farmer's market

DSC_1175

And speaking of being a hippy... I think Aisha said it best when she described my current eating habits on her blog:

"As for fooding, homegirl has been teetering on the edge of crunchy for quite some time but finally bit the bullet last year and became a full-fledged vegetarian which meant multiple meals at Cafe Gratitude."

If you'd like to read Aisha'a version of events, head on over to her blog.

xo

10 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Wish I could have been there with you too! The picture of you two with the sunshine is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your sailboat dress
    and i totally wish i lived in Australia so we could be real life friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos! I adore markets... looks like you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love your pictures! And both of you guys have such cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw this is such a great post! It makes me want to travel to Singapore to visit my friend Bec who I only get to see once a year or so. Those friendships are so much fun to have though, hey?

    I very much like the look of that vintage shop, and the markets! All these blogs about people's adventures are making me want to get out and explore some new parts of the world again! One day... :) Rhi xx

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute photos and love the blue dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a fun trip! Yay for vegetarians. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so happy you are getting this time, what a treasure of a friend, I love visiting L.A!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is so cute! I am so happy I found it! I love that sailboat dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "... on the edge of crunchy..."

    Haha! I love that!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger