movies & books

Friday, June 8, 2012

I love going to the cinema, but in Sydney, it's a fairly rare treat for me. While I've been here in Vancouver though, I've been to see...


1. The Intouchables: I watched this movie last night; I laughed, I cried, I danced in my seat to the friggin sweet soundtrack. And Omar Sy, well, I think it's safe to say that I'm in love. Can't recommend this film enough!


2. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: A very sweet film. Charming British actors, breathtaking scenery and wicked one liners make this movie as good as it gets. Also, I want to go to India.

3.

3. Hysteria. Such a funny, and completely ridiculous, period film. I also happen to think that anything Maggie Gyllenhal touches turns to gold.

Switching gears, here are some of the books I've enjoyed lately.

1. Heaven is Here. Man alive, Stephanie Nielsen is one inspiring lady. I read this in one day, it was that good.

2. The Vinyl Cafe Notebooks. Nothing like a little Canadiana to brighten up my days. Stuart McLeans stories are some of my favourites, simple and sweet. Just like our country.

3. The Guernsey and Literary Potato Peel Pie Society. This was another book that I read quicker than I meant to, I just couldn't put it down!

4. The Butcher and the Vegetarian. Most people who become vegetarians, are raised as omnivores. This is the tale of a girl who grew up eating tofu and quinoa, and then found meat as an adult. The resulting story is funny, clever and not at all what you'd expect!

So, which movies and books have been keeping you company lately?

8 comments:

  1. I'm reading Little Bee, its soooo good. Can't put it down!

    xo the egg out west.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! Totally checking out Hysteria! I love Maggie Gyllenhal!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh, i saw "the intouchables" trailer a little big ago and seriously, it looks magical!! i must see it now!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Intouchables looks amazing.
    oh my goodness

    ReplyDelete
  5. goodness, I have not heard of any of these, I am a little out of it I guess, thank you for sharing these goodies though, I am writing them down for my list!

    I adore Documentaries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post.

    I haven't seen the other movies but I love the Marigold Hotel :)

    I'll have to add those books to my list when I eventually get through the pile I already have on my nightstand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really looking forward to seeing the Exotic Marigold Hotel! It sounds amazing. Lovely choices!

    xoxo
    Meera

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for the Intouchables to come out! Looks so, so good. ;) My boyfriend just bought Heaven is Here for me this past Easter, and I can't wait to start it! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger