especially grateful for, 4th edition

Wednesday, August 8, 2012


It's been a while since I've shared one of these little lists, so here are, in no particular order, 10 things I'm especially grateful for right now...

1. The gorgeous tree in the photo above, blooming right around the corner from my home. I wonder if they'd mind if I took a few for myself...
2. The glorious weather we've been having lately. During the day, it's warm enough for sandals and t-shirts. And they call this winter??
3. Frank Ocean's new album, love it.
4. Green smoothies. I swear they are single handedly responsible for my getting in enough greens every day.
5. Cozy flannel blankets at night.
6. Emails from friends who live so very far away.
7. The beautiful and inspiring women who come to my prenatal yoga classes, week in, week out.
8. This book. I don't know why it took me so long to get to, but once I started I couldn't put it down. Sadly, I didn't like the movie at all.
9. The homemade veggie chilli I had for dinner last night. Recipe here.
10. All of you who take the time each day to read my blog, and leave me comments that make me smile!

18 comments:

  1. Flowers blooming along the streets are making me happy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should definitely take some blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that book too and absolutely loved it! I was pretty disappointed by the movie, but it still made me cry. I just found your blog, and it's lovely! I'm your latest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lady, i just saw on another blog that you might be coming on saturday to tims workshop! I'd LOVE to meet you in person if you are!!

    Let me know

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for our magnolia to bloom. This will be our first spring in our new house and there's a huge tree just out the back door.

    Good luck getting to the Nursery on Saturday. So good, so good. It feels like a little buzz has begun around this thing, yes?

    Greer x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your sweet words, Gaby!

    I just love this list. It's always nice to take some time to reflect on the things we're thankful for!

    Off to check out that veggie chili recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to be so grateful Gaby. Bless.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to be so grateful Gaby. Bless.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowowow! those flowers are gorgeous. they remind me of my favorite flowers, orange blossoms. loooooove this post. it's so important to be happy for teeny things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you commented on my blog because I am loving yours! Vancouver to Sydney? You are a BRAVE girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tree is absolutely stunning!
    So cool that you are a yoga teacher, I will def come to one of your classes in Sydney.
    What do you put in your green smoothie?

    ReplyDelete
  12. i can only agree with your list. a good book, delicious food, emails from far away friends... everything that i cherish in life.

    leyla.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can never have too many thankful lists :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just lovely. Thank you muchly for sharing. Attitude of gratitude makes for a happy life :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just lovely. Thank you muchly for sharing. Attitude of gratitude makes for a happy life :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Magnolias are awesome! They are blooming everywhere in my neighbourhood. I think they're competing with the Cherry Blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is one of my favorite, favorite books of all time. i saw the movie shortly after reading, and despite hearing some negative reviews, i went in with an open mind...and i was generally disappointed too. but oh how i could read and re-read that book every day for the rest of my life. and cozy flannel blankets? you're speaking my love language, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photo is lovely and I love this idea :)

    Sophia
    http://justtheeverydays.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger