my creative space: making

Thursday, August 30, 2012



Me oh my have I missed my sewing machine! I don't think I had made anything in, oh, 3 or 4 months... I hate when that happens.

Feeling inspired last week, I set up my little sewing corner at home and started on some simple projects. Over the next couple of days I made up this little beanie, embellished 3 baby singlets AND made a top for myself (coming to the blog soon). It felt so good to sew again, to create something from nothing. 

Last week the beanie & the ampersand singlet made their way over to the precious little one who belongs to him and her. The remaining singlets will head off to other newborns, and the top has been in rotation ever since. Yay for making!

p.s. I'm linking up with 'our creative spaces' here, for the first time in ages. So nice to be back!

p.p.s. Oh my goodness have I loved reading through your comments on my last post! You all have some hysterical terms of endearment for your loved ones. Definitely worth a read through.

x

6 comments:

  1. These are adorable, Gaby! Beanie = too cute.
    I wish I could sew. Sam refuses to let me near her machine again until I get my 'L plates' and some supervised sewing time - I may have locked the machine up last time I tried to be crafty and whip up a dress. Oooops!

    Hope you are well.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I especially love the beanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embellishing something is such a great little project. I find these types of things very satisfying when I have the urge for a bit of sewing. These are so cute. I love the fabrics. No doubt the new owner will adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! That's so great. I love what you're doing.

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you are super talented and definitely need to start a childrens clothing label. I think you would be very successful!
    Between the lines

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these, and that you are creating!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger