4 simple goals

Sunday, September 9, 2012


Whenever I stop by the blog A Beautiful Mess, I always leave feeling inspired and keen to work harder. Elsie recently blogged a challenge to complete 4 simple goals by the end of the year, and I am in. Here are mine:

photo by Tim

1. Knit a blanket. There's a simple blanket that I have in mind, and I'm sure I'll be able to finish it by the new year. Hopefully this week I'll stop being so indecisive and go buy some wool!

2. De-clutter & make my home pretty. You've probably noticed that I'm on an uber spring cleaning kick. And yet, there still seems to be so much to sort through. The other day I realized that we had 2 identical duvet covers, what the what??? After that's done, I'm feeling extra inspired lately to pretty things up. I'm thinking fresh flowers, some strategically placed trays, and house plants.

3. Buy a new camera & learn to use it. To be honest, this is probably #1 on my list of priorities. I've been saving my pennies and I'm close to being able to afford a new digital slr. Then it will be time to put in practice everything I learned at the nursery.

4. Establish a home yoga practice. This is just a goal where I need to be more disciplined with myself. There's always something to distract me at home which is why I prefer going to yoga classes, but I'd like to have a bit of both for balance.

I like Elsie's idea to reward yourself with something at the end, a road trip with husband perhaps? Yes, that sounds just right.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea! I actually have some of my own and I think it's great to post it so at least your goals are out there to make sure you accomplish it! I'm starting my yoga classes this September! So excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've picked great goals, realistic & achieveable.
    Spring is a great time to re-fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that these goals are realistic to you instead of being these far out goals. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good interesting goals! I'm sure you'll be able to complete all of them...good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great goals. I always find that time flies and I accomplish more when I have clear-cute, concrete goals. And though I now have a used DSLR camera, I still am very behind on using it! -Jessica L

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this. Off to go make some of my own now :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am SO with you on the blanket making project. i've been trying to crochet a patchwork blanket for eons. perhaps we could be crafty-sanity buddies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am doing the same right now.
    little and bigger goals for the new life that is going to start very soon.
    thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this idea. now i'll have to start dreaming up some fun goals for myself..... :)

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. how well can you knit, like are you a beginner? is the blanket a straight knit through and through...?

    as you saw, I am just starting, and I am crocheting too, working on getting a granny square down now:)

    loving it all!!!

    adore these goals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i need to re-learn how to knit a scarf (i'm convinced third time's a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep stumbling upon everyone's 4 goals after Elsies post and I absolutely love this idea, but find it hard to narrow down to only four things!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger