the first swim

Friday, September 28, 2012


Goodness, I have been MIA this week. Every day it's been my intention to come here, to write, to visit your blogs... and then something comes up. Like teaching yoga, or sleeping, or really, really needing to do my taxes.

So today I'm here, with a couple of photos from last weekend which marked my first swim of the season. I love how when the seasons change we think in terms of firsts. In the southern hemisphere it's: first swims, first ice creams, first time wearing shorts all day, first time you kick off the duvet and realise you need an in between blanket. From reading your blogs, I've been seeing your northern hemisphere firsts: first pumpkin lattes, first days rugging up in cozy knits, first rains and on and on. Life would be so dull without these firsts, don't you think?

12 comments:

  1. The first swim of the summer is always so refreshing. :) Where I live, autumn just began, but it might as well still be summer with how hot it's been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I've had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season :)...enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, I forget that it the start of summer time down under.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! so wild that we are going into hibernation and you are swimming!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so right! it's so fun to visit blogs that are doing all opposites. your swimming/beachtime looks just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The firsts always seem to be the best of every season! I love the little changes each season and the new inspiration they bring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like this perspective, i'm a fan of firsts...my first time wearing a scarf and boots recently, it was heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not yet dared to go swimming although my mum is trying to convince me of it for the Queen's birthday holiday... We'll see...

    Sal x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had my first swim of the seasons 2 weeks ago :D Except, it was rather unplanned. I just kind of got to Fremantle and decided I felt like a swim so in I went. 30 minutes and a jelly fish sting (that I still have a rash from!!), I was one contented kid :P

    It is a lot of fun seeing the differences between north & south! And you're so right about how boring life could get without all of these firsts that roll around every few months :) Rhi xx

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's so beautiful!!! can't wait to swim in the ocean.
    and I hear you with getting caught up in all sorts of things.
    firsts are def fun. I had my first weekend in autumn wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sometimes forget that when it turns to autumn here it is becoming spring somewhere else. Hope the swim was warm enough.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger