how my 4 simple goals are going

Tuesday, October 23, 2012



Last month, I wrote out my 4 simple goals here on the blog. Most of them are still in progress, but I thought it was about time for  an update anyway...

1. Knit a blanket. Right after I wrote the original post I went to my favourite Sydney craft shop, Calico & Ivy, and picked up a whole lot of wool. I started knitting right away, but I reckon it'll take me at least another month to finish. We'll see!

2. De-clutter and make my home pretty. Yet more proof that writing out your goals really works; the week I wrote this I went crazy de-cluttering and buying bits and pieces to spruce things up. There's still lots more I want to do, but we're getting there.

3. Buy a new camera and learn to use it. I am so, so excited about this one! This week, after much scrimping, saving, and debating, I ordered myself a new Canon. I should get it sometime next week, and then it'll be operation learn how to use it. I have a feeling my notes from The Nursery may come in handy...

4. Establish a home yoga practice. More of a fail here, not gonna lie. No matter how hard I try, if I'm home I pretty much only do yin yoga (restorative yoga). I definitely need someone else in the room to push me, but that's ok. Yin and yang I guess.

Have any of you guys gotten on Elsie's 4 simple goals bandwagon? How are you going?

16 comments:

  1. it's so nice to achieve goals! you must be proud of yourself! looking forward to see photos with the new camera

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for keeping us posted! a great reminder to sit down and write out a handful of new ones. i try to do 5 inspired actions for my career, and 5 for my life, every week. this reminded me that i took the last two weeks off, excited to get back to it! happy photo taking with that new camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i especially love your first two goals. so fun!!! can't wait to see what you end up with in those respects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blog you have, I will keep stopping by! :)

    www.buttonsandthreads.com/424

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm excited about you getting a new camera. i purchased mine last year and it was one of the best decision i've made. it's so much fun. i'm not going to lie, it was a little frustrating at first. however, with persistence and youtube tutorials, i manged to learn a few things. still a work in progress though. enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done lovely :) it feels good to get things done. Can't wait to practice using your new camera :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I never have the patience for it, I'd love to learn how to knit someday. And getting a new camera wouldn't be too shabby either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you about the new camera! ^^ You'll love it and they're actually pretty easy to use :) I watched a lot of youtube videos after I got my Nikon and used the manual a bit for extra info :) You'll pick it up faster than you know ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started a crochet granny square blanket like two years ago and so far I've only made 10 squares. Only 50 more to go! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely list of goals. I've been very inspired! Thanks! Your knitting looks magic and as for the camera...sigh! Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're definitely on the road to completing your goals! those are just goals that take time :) i hadn't seen Elsie's 4 simple goals post, but now i feel like I should join in!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really like this 4 simple goals idea. i'm making my first goal to come up with three more simple goals :) ps: just found your blog, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love knitting, I still don't really know all the finishing and starting but it's a great in front of the tv craft.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great goals! I feel like I need to do all those as well. I have the camera, but I need to learn better how to use it. Ha.


    Kristen
    benjaminkristenreeves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this idea! You are making good progress! Love the epic of your candles and doily vase...x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I joined the bandwagon and was also pretty happy with how I did with my goals. I finished at about 3 out of 4 but still felt like I had accomplished more than if I hadn't set any goals for myself.

    Really enjoy the photos on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger