my creative space: a lazy beach bag

Thursday, October 25, 2012


Writing this post prompted me to go searching through my archives for a beach bag that I made a long time ago - a less lazy beach bag than this - but apparently, I never blogged it. I'll have to rectify that. I did, however, realize that I used to make so many things! A scroll through my first couple of months of blogging turns up project after project. Man, I used to be so productive!

In any case, last week I did manage to rustle up this bag using fabric from my latest trip to Ikea. I simply made a roomy bag, with rounded corners, French seams and a long strap so it can be worn across the shoulder. It perfectly fits a towel, swimsuit, magazine, sunscreen, water and snacks. The essentials. I may even keep it packed and ready to go in the trunk of my car, for those last minute dashes to the beach. Summer is coming...

Linking up with My Creative Space today. Find other people's crafty projects here.

15 comments:

  1. so cool! did you hand sew it or do you have a sewing machine?
    it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely bag! so creative and practical at the same time. love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bag, it looks really useful as well as fun. I don't think you can ever have enough of these types of bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fabric! I love the idea of a ready packed beach bag for when you simply have to feel sand between your toes. Wishing you many a sun filled day at the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bag, I love the idea of rounded corners and a long strap. And a bag that fits a towel, I think I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you sewing people are the coolest; just make your own stuff whenever you want.

    good for you! this is so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hats off to you!
    What a nice looking and useful bag for summer time!

    xoxo
    Camila
    camilagcarneiro.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh gosh dear, you have such a lovley blog! i love this bag too, very creative!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the choice of fabric Gaby. Good roomy design for a day at the beach. I've never been into an Ikea store before, but I suspect I would make a beeline to the fabric section :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! Love the bag! You made it???

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  11. work it girl~ I am so impressed! One day, I'll come around to being crafty- I swear. Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's such a beautiful bag - a friend of mine took a similar style of bag though India with us - it was so useful. Love the colour combinations too.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. always keep your beautiful imagination and exquisite humor xx
    http://faddicshion.blogspot.hk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the comment, but who needs heels when you can have the pretty sandals. X

    http://your-girl-is-lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. That beach bag looks really good, love the print. Aren't you a crafty lady?

    PS: I'd like to invite to join the Bosisto's giveaway at my blog, I have 4 lavender packs up for grabs here: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2012/10/bosistos-lavender-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger