merry

Saturday, December 15, 2012






Yesterday I put on some Christmas tunes, tied on my apron and got to work making something that's been on my list to try for a long time: the pioneer woman's cinnamon rolls. Since I don't have an industrial kitchen, or the wherewithal to make the bazillion buns the normal recipe does, I used the quantities I found here. It was the perfect amount.

In between the making, while I waited for dough to rise, I got myself organized to finally send out some christmas cards. Beautiful stationary always helps, so I picked up some Rifle cards and excitedly got to use my custom address stamp from Oh My Deer for the first time. Seeing as how I'm just gettting around to this, it's safe to say that no one will actually receive said cards before christmas, but it's the thought that counts, right?

By the end of the morning I was mailing off a few cards and going to visit a friend's brand new baby with a plate of cinnamon rolls in my hands. And people, holy crap, they are good! Almost as good as my beloved Grounds for Coffee (Vancouverites you know what I mean, right?).

18 comments:

  1. Love writing out Christmas cards. Xo za

    ReplyDelete
  2. those rolls. look. incredible. my mouth actually watered from them! sounds like a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cinnamon rolls look so yummy. My mom always makes them for the family on Christmas morning.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cinnamon rolls don't even look real they are so perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stayed as long as I could, just to peer at your beautiful stationary, but now I must go...to bake those lovely cinnamon buns. My mouth is watering and my stomach is grumbling! Bless you, Gaby!

    Sar xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cinnamon rolls look delish!!
    xoxo, The Brazilian Way of Life
    www.camilagcarneiro.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like the perfect day. You can't get much better than friends and cinnamon rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. look at you, miss organized and baking up a storm!

    I bet that felt so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those rolls look amazing, seriously yum. I have just recently come across Rifle stationary and think it may be my new favourite thing. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cinnamon rolls look diviiiiiiine. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cinnamon rolls... drool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i surrender...this is too much beauty for me. The shots, the recipe, the light! loving this!
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just getting all my cards written too, I hope my UK will arrive but I know I'm too late with the overseas, oh well its the thought that counts!
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cinnamon rolls look PERFECT. The Oh My Deer shop looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, those cinnamon rolls look AMAZING. Nice work, Gaby! What a domestic goddess you are.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like a lovely day...and I would love to try to take on those rolls, my oh my.

    I bet the rifle xmas cards are ah-mazing.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! It's always nice when people find what I post useful. Those rolls look wonderful. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  18. is it worth the flight to aussie land just to ask kindly for one of those cinnamon rolls?! OMG - they look TO DIE FOR :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger