summer mornings

Wednesday, December 19, 2012


Summer mornings are my favourite. Before the heat settles in for the day, and while the busy street we live above is still quiet, it's so very peaceful. This morning my heart feels especially full. I woke up to baby kicks, tea on my nightstand, and the news that the newest member of our extended family was born last night: a baby girl named Elizabeth.

Last night my friends, Sandy and Alanna, made me a birthday dinner complete with pinterest inspired table "because it was you coming to dinner miss blogger." The food was delicious and the gifts even better: a beautiful handmade journal where every page is unique, and a bird pin which they gave me while shouting "PUT A BIRD ON IT!" There is so much to celebrate right now.

p.s. it wasn't my birthday yesterday, my birthday is on christmas day :)

12 comments:

  1. Me and my friends have planed a pinterest themed dinner party too! haha. I don't know if it will look as good but we can try. Love the photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got yourself a keeper there! My hubby makes me tea too. SO lovely. Beautiful images but even more lovely is the thought of those first baby kick flutters. Enjoy the magic! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sweet mornings too, and these flowers are gorgeous gaby, AND happy belated birthday hon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you described this morning. perfect. And those flowers...GORGEOUS! Aren't baby kicks the best thing ever?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like utter perfection! i miss those quiet summer mornings! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. your life sounds so full of love right now :) hahahah put a bird on it, too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Put... a... bird... on... it." Bahaha! I hadn't seen that before. I'm so glad your birthday was lovely, complete with a Pinterest-worthy table. ;) Cheers to a wonderful year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos! And your early birthday dinner sounds perfect. You can never have too many journals, especially when living abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful blog you have! glad I stumbled upon it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *typo

    Happy birthday!

    I love these shots of the flowers. They're my favorite -- and they photograph so well.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger