2013

Friday, January 4, 2013


New Year's Eve last year found the husband and I having a few too many drinks at a house party in Christchurch, NZ. This New Year's Eve we watched the 9pm fireworks and fell asleep well before midnight. Seriously. It's amazing how much can change in a year!

Maybe it was because I woke up without a hangover, or maybe it had to do with waking up to a clean house, but I have been feeling pretty inspired and motivated. I love how a new year can do that. Most of my goals have to do with my translation business, so I won't bore you with those... The only other two things I really want to accomplish this year are: surviving the first few months of parenthood, and paying more attention to my kitchen. I.e. getting back into menu planning, not going to the grocery store every damn day, buying produce at the farmers market, being mindful of how much we spend, cooking more foods from scratch and drinking more green smoothies. To that end, I continue to save (and save, and save) for my dream vitamix, and a friend and I have signed up for Heather's Whole Food Kitchen online workshop.

Finally, it was hard to whittle down (I especially wanted to include all of my posts from Vancouver),  but here are 6 of my favourite posts from 2012:

New Zealand: Part 1
A letter (to my dog)
Sunday is my favourite
The end of missing someone
Surprise!
My black apple doll and gender predictions

9 comments:

  1. Happy 2013!! Great post selection! =D
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to the grocery more than once a week is sooo annoying (and sometimes even that once a week is a bummer). you're going to be a great momma, gaby, no worries about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your second resolution. i need to get back to those things as well. wishing you the happiest and most exciting year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you started 2013 fresh! I love your goals to be the best parents and going to the farmers market more. Cheers to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot changed since last New Years Eve for me as well. We didn't go downtown again, we just had people over and celebrated quietly. It was wonderful. :)

    Margeaux
    margeauxknight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a peaceful new years :)

    www.teenyhippie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i did heather's workshop a year ago and still use so many of her recipes. your going to enjoy it and be very inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 2013! I'm just getting back into blogging and it seems like your family has had a lovely and exciting year!

    On a side note, I see you're in Sydney -- my boyfriend is from there (though now living in the states)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow thank you so much for posting about the Whole Food online workshop - it's just what I need for a fresh start in 2013. Happy New Year too - Emma

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

this little port All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger