my creative space: christmas mittens

Thursday, January 3, 2013

 This Christmas I didn't get around to making many gifts, so I was pleased when I whipped up these re-purposed mittens for a friend of mine. Luckily, she was about to go New York which means that she'll actually get to use them, because otherwise, getting mittens in the middle of an Australian summer is pretty lame.

But back to the project - the mittens are made using an old sweater and they come together quickly so they're the perfect last-minute gift. That said, it took me 2 pairs to get these right. I made the first pair using instructions found in The Crafty Minx. Most of the projects in that book are seriously great, but this one is a dud. Naturally, I turned to the internet and used this tutorial from A Beautiful Mess. They turned out great, if I do say so myself!

linking up here today

11 comments:

  1. they look perfect...i've wondered how easy that sweater mitten tutorial was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute are these little mittens!
    I love them. so simple.
    good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to give this a go in winter time. Hard to think of mittens when the forecast for tomorrow is 40 degrees!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift! And they look easy peasy lemon squeezie too which is a huge bonus when sewing chrissie presents. Hope your week is gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! a beautiful mess is the ultimate crafting resource.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love them! And I've always wanted to try that A Beautiful Mess tutorial so I'm happy to see a success story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable! I think I would like to make a pair myself!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable! I think I would like to make a pair myself!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable! I think I would like to make a pair myself!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

this little port All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger