my creative space: my go-to baby gift

Thursday, January 10, 2013








There was such a long stretch there where I never posted anything crafty. My fabrics were in storage, my sewing machine gathered dust and I never got beyond flipping through my beloved craft books. I'm so happy to be making again - finding pockets of time here and there to make things for myself, my home, my friends, and my tiny squirmy baby.

This post is giving me some major déja vu; I've made these baby booties several times now and posted about them here and here. They're just such a perfect gift for a new baby - pretty simple to make, oh so cute, and who doesn't love baby feet wrapped in flannel?

This time I decided to be super efficient and make one pair for my husband's cousin's new baby (got that?) and one pair for my baby. The pattern is from Anna Maria Horner's book Handmade Beginnings, and all the fabric came from my scrap bin. But my favourite part? Well that was choosing the buttons of course! I love buttons, and since I'm yet to conquer my fear of sewing button holes, any project requiring buttons without the hassle of corresponding holes is right up my alley. I picked up both these pairs last time I popped into All Buttons in Newtown. That place is my favourite.

p.s. linking up here today

15 comments:

  1. These are just the cutest! You did a great job making them - I honestly thought they was store bought at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too freakin, cute! You are so talented, Gaby. and those leaf buttons - adorable!

    Can't wait to see your little one wearing them!

    Sar xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric combinations. I've just crocheted around the edge of that exact blue spotted flannel as a quick baby gift for a friend. I love that feeling of getting back into craft after a break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gasp! such cuteness.
    i need that book - perfect excuse to dust off my machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!! I would be all over these if I were a mom to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I've made a few of these too. Just wait til you can make the reversible pants in that book....all kinds of lovely! And I too steer clear of button holes. They give me the heebie jeebies. Wishing you lovely days :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. buttons holes are the evil of sewing, but I love this baby bootie design with the elastic loop - your fabric choices are divine...such sweetness x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow they are so cute!
    You will be the best crafty mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are so so cute! handmade gifts are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love them. Great job!
    ~ Hanna
    www.simplywanderous.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, you need to open up a little shop so I can come and buy everything you make... really!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so gorgeous Gaby! I really need to take some lessons from you! I don't think I have officially said congratulations yet- happy days! Hope to see you and your beautiful bump soon. xx m.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know how I missed this post before. These are adorable! I did so much crafty things before Christmas that I haven't touched anything since. Maybe this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are JUST darling!! Thank you for sharing such a lovely line. I love handmade creations :-)

    XO Jenna
    Demureindiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1 thumbs up for this... it was so cute, you definitely have a talent and you can use it for a business. I love the green pair and the leaf button. By the way it was a great post!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

this little port All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger