bits and pieces

Monday, February 25, 2013




 Alongside this random assortment of photos from the last few days, some random thoughts, in point form (because that's how random thoughts come out best, I find):

  • I finally went to check out The Grounds of Alexandria. Apart from the fact that it is aesthetically very pleasing, my final verdict: meh.
  • I've been reading Great With Child: Letters to a Young Mother. It's an inspiring and perfect read for me right now, so glad I found it. 
  • I'm loving the blog My New Roots, which I found via the whole food e-course I'm doing. I can't wait to make this once the weather cools down.
  • We celebrated the husband's birthday on the weekend. I made the one cake he kind of likes, the honey cake from Tessa Kiros' Apples for Jam. Déja vu.
  • His cousin made this beautiful onion tart with tomatoes, basil and olive. It was vegetarian, for me, and oh so delicious. 
  • One of my husband's cousins just had a baby, and we spent most of the night oohing and aahing over her tiny cuteness. 
  • In the last month I've watched Jeff Who Lives at Home, Safety Not Guaranteed and Your Sister's Sister. I've loved all three, and it's safe to say that I have a crush on the Duplass brothers.
  • Speaking of movies, I can't wait to see this one.
  • The humidity is killing me. Today as I checked in students for my afternoon yoga class, we all asked each other, "when will this end?"
  • I've been meaning to mention this for a couple of weeks now, but see that beautiful new banner up there? It's from Central Coast artist, Lauren Merrick. She's a freelance illustrator and graphic designer and boy is she talented!

18 comments:

  1. Lovely images, lady. Hope the humidity eases up for you soon!

    Sar xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos captures are beautiful. An apron is the best accessory. I need to rekindle my love for cooking.

    I've been wanting to go to The Grounds of Alexandria. We must discuss. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks SO good. adore your flowers
    kw, ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous photos! That tart looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this photos! i really need spring to get here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree with you about The Grounds of Alexandria! The grounds are excellent, but I found the food disappointing. (Have you been to Bread & Circus? It's my favourite in that area & well, well worth the trip.) Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! And My New Roots looks just amazing and very inspiring indeed. Would love to hear more about the e-course you are doing too. Sounds fabulous! Have a wonderful week.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Gaby, every time I stop by I think your photography has gotten even more beautiful! You have a wonderful way of capturing the small things in life and making them appear big and wonderful. That vegetarian onion tart is particularly lovely - and delicious, too, I'm sure!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  9. your photography is nothing short of wonderful! i feel in love with "jeff who lives at home". such a great film.

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just watched Your Sister's Sister last week too. My brother worked on that film doing camera work and it was shot near where I grew up. I really liked it but the ending?!?! Ugh! =) Love that you're doing so many wonderful things for yourself.

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice photos, Gaby.
    I totally agree with you about this humidity - leave us alone already!!!!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's too bad about the coffee shop. it definitely looks like a trendy little place on the outside!

    and thank you for sharing a link to my new roots! wow. what an amazing blog, full of food inspiration :)

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos and great links! Have to check the movies out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous collection of images. I live on the other side of the world and even I've heard of the Grounds of Alexandria! Loved your review - very succinct.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  15. that onion tart looks to die for

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely assortment of photos and thoughts.
    that tart looks so good and is reminding me that I need to have some lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these pictures!! I'm so happy Spring is slowly making its way to London! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger