bump: 28 weeks

Friday, February 22, 2013








photos by Belinda 

 Being pregnant is so distracting. I'll be having a conversation with someone, or trying to read a book when I start to feel some little wriggles coming from within. Sometimes that's it, as if the baby just needs to readjust and then falls straight back to sleep. Other times the wriggles mean that a full on gymnastics routine is about to start and I can't help but be captivated. I watch my belly as it waves up and down and give the baby little pokes where I feel his/her limbs. I get the husband to feel as well and we try to guess - is it a head, a foot, a bum?

To me, the guessing and the not knowing is the magical part. It's why we haven't found out the baby's gender and why I've declined 2 out of 3 ultrasounds. In my favourite prenatal yoga book, Bountiful Beautiful Blissful, Gurmukh writes:

"The marvel of this experience is that this being who is so close to us cannot be seen. We don't have a window in, or a pouch like a kangaroo. When you can't see and touch, you have the opportunity to connect deeply on another level."

Last weekend I got together with the beautiful Belinda, who blogs at Billy and August, so she could photograph my 28 week bump (which means I'm playing catch up and am now 29 weeks). I love these photos that she captured and we already have plans to do it again. So this it, the last trimester, here we go....

23 comments:

  1. You look darling! And you've reminded me, I need to get me a pair of saltwater sandals. Enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous images, Belinda did well! Happy last trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, and you continue to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - you, the photos, the bump! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaby this is beautiful! Glad to see you are really enjoying your last weeks of pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these pics... and your thoughts on pregnancy. The third trimester was my favorite because I felt great and we did a lot of planning/shopping for our baby. I wasn't working so I did a lot of reading. It was nice and relaxing. I hope you enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning images. You are looking divine, Gaby. I love Gurmukh's take on it - such truth. I can hardly believe you're on the home stretch. Enjoy every wriggle!

    Sar xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how this quote speaks the truth and I can't wait to experience that someday :)
    You're such a gorgeous mama-to-be!
    xoxo, The Brazilian Way of Life
    www.camilagcarneiro.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos. Such a stunning mama to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gaby, these photos are soooooooo gorgeous! I love and totally agree with that quote from Gurmukh about connecting with your baby on another level. So beautiful.

    PS: I'm hosting a Living Nature skin essentials pack giveaway at my blog, hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/02/living-nature-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are just beautiful photos! I've been having the pregnancy itch again so bad, I just loved being pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bathing suit shots, Gaby! And what a beautiful quotation about connectedness through the unknown.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous girl!
    It was such a privilege to photograph you and your bump.
    I can't wait to do more. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi gorgeous,
    It was such a privelge to photograph you and your sweet bump. Just beautiful.
    I can't wait to do more. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely beautiful photos, jaw-dropping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a cute bump! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you look amazing and that wee bump is just too beautiful. Enjoy every moment..xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are sooooooo beautiful! Relly great shots and you just look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger