a quiet week

Thursday, March 14, 2013




Wow, I've been rather silent this week, haven't I? It's just been one of those weeks where not much is happening, definitely nothing to write home about. The most exciting thing to happen is the arrival of my Vitamix, which I managed to buy gently used from a friend who upgraded to a Thermomix. I've been silently, and sometimes not so silently, pining for one of these blenders for a long time and I'm so happy at how this all worked out. A perfect example of 'ask and ye shall receive.' I've used it 2 or 3 times a day since I've had it, making myself a daily green smoothie, nut milks, sauces and desserts.

In other news, it's still so hot here. It feels just like a Vancouver summer, and not at all like autumn. While the beach swims are nice, I'm still looking forward to the day I can sleep without 2 fans on me. We're heading away this weekend, to a country town which will, allegedly, be cooler than here. I hope so.

I hope you're all having a wonderful week!

12 comments:

  1. I've been hearing all about this vitamix and am in the market for a blender but being that things are often double or triple the cost in Norway, I'm not sure I can justify it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up with my Mom using her Thermomix every day - for baking and cooking, making breakfast ... I should get one. I wonder why she doesn't use it anymore. Have to ask her.

    Hope you're good in the heat - it's freezing but sunny in England today. Can't wait for spring!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I hope it cools down for you up there, it's just cooled down for us today and meant to be colder tomorrow. Love that Vitamix, is it your new best friend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh that's awesome, i've really been wanting a juicer! we have been making green smoothies, but have just been using our blender. good, but not the same i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous. love the first diptych!
    kw, ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour of your juice makes me think it must be incredibly healthy and good for you. How cool that you got a Vitamix - I think I remember you saying how much you wanted one. And, post baby, maybe you can use it to make the odd cocktail or two..?

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered your blog, love it!!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. We bought a food processor last fall, and we bought a NutriBullet last month, and now we can't imagine our kitchen without them! I imagine you feel the same way about your VitaMix!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i actually love those kind of weeks---why does your hair looks so perfect and beautiful all the time, do you do it?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful time away! And YAY for your Vitamix, I knew you wanted one for some time. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know. I'm sitting here in singlets and shorts, willing the cool change to breeze through our home...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger