bump: 32 weeks

Tuesday, March 19, 2013



We took these photos last night, when the husband was tired from work and I was tired from the constant jack hammering going on in the construction pit next door. We were both a bit grumpy, which is why I'm extra glad that I have some lovely ladies who have offered to shoot my bump over the coming weeks. Husband can have a well-deserved break from being my photographer.

To be honest, it's not quite 9am and I'm feeling grumpy again thanks to those aforementioned jack hammers waking me up nice and early this morning after a terrible night's sleep. I think I'll make myself some tea and read through my Calmbirth book. Despite my whinging, we did have a lovely weekend. The two of us drove to Bowral on Friday night to attend Calmbirth with Peter Jackson. We stayed at the sweetest B&B, where we relished having a king sized bed, a body pillow, and the kind of quiet you only get in the country.

Saturday and Sunday were spent with a group of other couples, preparing for our upcoming births. Peter's wisdom and gentle encouragement was exactly what we needed. Husband came away with a greater sense of what to expect on b-day (as Peter calls it) and the tools to be a wonderful support person. I came away feeling excited to birth our baby. Eight more weeks...

p.s. Check out Jodi's blog today to see some photos that Luisa snapped of our lunch date in Surry Hills...

24 comments:

  1. You are looking gorgeous. I like that polka dot top very much, and the evening light in these photos is lovely.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband has been doing a fabulous job of capturing that gorgeous, growing baby bump of yours! You look fab, Gaby! 8 weeks?! Wow! b'day will be here before you know it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty! your bump is positively lovely.
    kw ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are beautiful..such pretty light! and i can't even tell you're grumpy ;) p.s. that polka dot top is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that beautiful, spotted bump! Eeep! Loved seeing you over at Jodi's place, too... you are truly glowing right now :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful! So happy to hear you're excited for the birth. Way to prepare and keep calm. You will do wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grumpy or not these pictures are beautiful! You and your beloved will treasure these shots as will your little person in many years to come. Wishing you gentle days lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing!

    I get grumpy. The husband takes all of my pics.....sometimes he'd prefer not to. ;)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Naw you're still a cutie! Did you feel more empowered from Calmbirth? We have ours the weekend of 20th April! I'm really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gaby, I just discovered your blog and I'm so glad I did! Love the photography and low-key feel of this - and your bump :) I'm 17 weeks pregnant and have been trying to practice yoga, Pilates, and barre regularly because they are so fluid and calming while still being challenging! I'm really looking forward to following along with your story!

    Katie | Loverly She

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful beautiful pregnant mama.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look gorgeous. Can't believe how close you are to having that little one! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Regardless of said grumpiness, your husband took some beautiful shots of you and the baby belly. You make such a pretty pregnant woman :) Also, really, really glad you guys got away! What bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your grumpiness does not show at all. You are looking BEAUTIFUL and these photos are beautiful too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us... excited for you! Getting closer each week...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ditto on all the above comments - no grumpiness showing! Just beauty:) Love these shots!!
    kim @ popcosmo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you are having a lovely time being pregnant... I know it's not always easy. Grumpiness is just part of the program sometimes. Hang in there and take some "you" time. xo

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  17. cutest pregnant lady & cutest blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful bump photos! You look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. the outfit. the shoes. the bump. its all so cute.
    i cant wait to be pregnant again :)

    -s.

    serioussarahblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gaby!! You look stunning! what gorgeous shots :) I hope you're well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't wait to read about your calmbirth. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger