my creative space: a sweet doll

Thursday, March 28, 2013


 In my last post I mentioned that I spent my day sewing up two little dolls. This is doll one, a sweet little girl destined for my friend's brunette baby. I like to think her name should be Mable, or maybe Maple (yet another favourite girl's name my husband hates!). She's the same black apple doll that I made back in December, with slightly tweaked proportions. You can find the pattern for free here.

Sometimes making something completely impractical and whimsical is the best kind of crafting, especially when you're in a funk. Doll two will be blogged next Thursday...

Thanks again for all of your kind and heartfelt comments this week. It's meant so much to me.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, how lovely. You definitely are quite the crafty one!

    ps. thoughts and prayers are being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is ADORABLE! And I think she looks just like a "Maple".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh this is so cute! I like Maple for her name!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so sorry to hear of your grandma's passing! What a beautiful way to spend time remembering her life. So sweet. This doll is adorable! And I think the name Mable/Maple totally fits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. Hope you're feeling better, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, this is way too adorable! seriously, she is the sweetest thing- and i love the patterns and colors you chose. And haha it's too bad your husband hates those names, I think they're adorable :)

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is gorgeous. Mabel and Maple are both fantastic names. I especially like Maple - it links in nicely with your Canadian roots. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for your loss. Beautiful doll. You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's adorable, great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet little dolls! i like the name Mabel.
    Love that I have found your blog.
    www.capturingmomentss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my that doll is adorable! I love how creative you are, it's amazing. Still wishing you the best for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger