bump: 37 weeks

Wednesday, April 24, 2013


On the weekend, my husband and I got to spend some time with Gui and Michaela of Gui Jorge Photography. We strolled through Parsley Bay while Michaela and Gui snapped photos all the while chatting about expat life, travel, family, weddings and babies. I even got to pick both of their brains for photography advice. They are a seriously awesome (and crazy good looking) couple. Not only did they take these photos for us, they gave us the sweetest baby gifts, perfect for bringing bub home in. Last night Gui emailed me the photos and I kind of wanted to cry. These are so special to me for so many reasons.




In so beautifully capturing this special time in our lives they remind me how blessed we are. We're on the threshold of such a big change that it can be hard to stay present and grounded. It's hard for us to imagine what it will be like to meet our baby for the first time, to see its face and hear its coos. And of course there are worries too... Will we be good parents? Will the birth go ok? How will we know what to do? The truth is that we don't know, but we'll be fine.



I also feel so grateful that Michaela and Gui snapped some sneaky photos of my husband and I. Other than our wedding photos, we have hardly any pictures of the two of us as one of us is usually behind the camera. My friend was looking through them today and she pointed one out as her favourite. I asked her why and she said it was because of the look of adoration on my husband's face, a look that cannot be faked.




The other thing I love about these photos is my dress. Like I said before, these photos are special for so many reasons! One of my favourite yoga students happens to be a talented designer with a label called Wonders Cease. She came to class one day with this beautiful dress wrapped in white tissue paper; a gift for me, just because.





These are some of my favourites (ok, lots of my favourites) but in case you want to see even more photos of my belly, you can check out Gui's blog. Michaela and Gui - I seriously cannot thank you enough. We can't wait to hang out again soon.

makeup by Liv Lundelius
dress by Wonders Cease
photography by Gui Jorge

24 comments:

  1. You've made it! Time flies so quickly these days. I'm so excited yet sad that I can't be closer to celebrate when the time comes to meet your little bub. Congrats on the blog nomination. Even before I got to that part, I was thinking to myself as I read, how much I enjoyed your writing. How easily it read and how I could hear your voice in it so clearly - I also love how you take the time to link to the people, places and things that you mention. That way I can click to explore even further! Miss you and I know the birth will be amazing - because no matter what, at the end of the day, you're going to get to meet that little trouble maker who has been kicking you in the ribs for the past 3 months! Aaahh! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS.
    You are just such a perfect little pregnant woman.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures <3 Pregnancy suits you so, so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so lovely, and the dress is stunning. it's so close now... wishing you a peaceful birth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gaby you are so so beautiful. i can't imagine what's going through your mind right now, but i'm sure you are going to do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so beautiful!
    And I love the dress. Really great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh.my.word, Gaby! Stunning! These are some very special images.

    You have been in my thoughts of late - I'm seriously so excited for you, & this post has made it even more-so. You & husband are going to be exceptional parents to this little one, & s/he will be so blessed by your love & devotion. Enjoy these days.

    Sar xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic. And that dress is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look gorgeous! Hope I look as good in a couple more months ;) Beautiful dress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing! I cannot wait to catch up soon and to see that belly in person. Your bubba better stay put until I get there! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh, these photographs are so beautiful! you look so lovely and peaceful. your dress is the perfect color!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are absolutely beautiful. the dress is lovely as well! i'm sure these photos will touch a special place in your heart for years to come. they mark such a great, transitional and breathtaking time :)

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous! The pictures are amazing! And this yoga student is pretty talented, this dress is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. AH! I love this post, the photos are beautiful, you are beautiful, everything about it is just so lovely. I am encouraged by your optimism and sense of freedom through life, not sure about how things will go but knowing that it will be okay. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. For some reason looking at these photos, I really came to the conclusion you're having a boy. However, While I had a correct gender guessing streak and I guessed correctly the gender of my own son, my nephew, and my friend, things recently fell apart. I was certain my best friends twins were boys. Nope. 2 little girls. Also, you should know youre home country is home to the best small independent cloth diaper makers. Seriously. It's ridiculous. I don't know what's in the water. But Canadians make awesome cloth diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeousness. That dress looks sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look like a movie star! What an incredible dress. Of course, it's on you and that beautiful baby bump!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger