especially grateful for, 5th edition

Friday, April 12, 2013


As I reach that point in my pregnancy when the tasks of everyday life have become uncomfortable, I find myself whining a lot. I complain that standing is hard, sleeping is hard, eating is hard, breathing is hard... And while all of that is true, I don't want to while away these last few weeks of my first pregnancy feeling grumpy. I have so much to be grateful for, and when I remembered that I realized that the last time I wrote one of these posts (originally inspired by Whitney) was last August! So I think it's high time to write down, in no particular order, 10 things I'm especially grateful for right now...


  1. The new bedding prettying up our bedroom, and making me never want to leave my bed.
  2. A good friend who has helped me so much these last few weeks.
  3. The fact that next week I teach my last few open level yoga classes. After that I'm down to just 2 prenatal classes a week, which means I'm basically on maternity leave!
  4. A Christmas package that my mom mailed me back in October, which we assumed was lost forever, has made its way back to her in Vancouver. It's a hassle, but at least husband and I will get our Christmas/birthday presents after all!
  5. The slightly cooler nighttime temperatures which mean we can now sleep with just 1 fan instead of 2.
  6. Dreaming about our Canadian summer and making plans.
  7. Husband's stable job. 
  8. All of Ina May Gaskin's books.
  9. Sweet photographer friends who share their talents with me. I'm so lucky.
  10. A healthy body. A healthy baby. 

9 comments:

  1. a lovely post, just reading your post made me feel grateful (which is weird considering non of the things apply to me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. number one is one of my favorite things as well!
    kw ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to remember to be grateful for the simple but important things in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope these last few weeks go so well for you, gaby! keep focusing on the positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Xx grateful for you!
    I write daily gratitudes before bed. It's a beautiful practice. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i need to make more time to write lists like this, they really help you appreciate the small things. i can't believe it's almost time for you to have your baby!! so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, Gaby! And yes, indeed... so much to be thankful for. Hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend. Yay, summer trip!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great is Ina May Gaskin? Such a wonderful woman!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger