healthy(ish) oatmeal raisin cookies

Monday, April 1, 2013



This weekend I was craving some cookies, as much for the baking as the eating. Usually when I bake it is because I enjoy the process - spending time in the kitchen, getting my hands covered in flour and listening to good tunes while I'm at it. Getting a sweet treat at the end is really just a bonus.

I had my heart set on oatmeal raisin cookies, but since I've been trying my best to eat a whole foods diet I searched out a healthy(ish) recipe. I found this one, and it worked so well! I used a combination of wholemeal spelt flour and regular flour, and rapadura instead of sugar as the recipe calls for. The recipe says to use coconut oil in its solid form, but I live in Australia where coconut oil is NEVER in solid form and it worked out just fine. All in all, a total win. I hope you get to try them out!

12 comments:

  1. I always eat this cookies whenever I'm hungry! It makes me full! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look pretty healthy to me ;) i'm glad you were able to enjoy some time baking. happy monday!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious! I bet your whole place smelled amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images, lady. Save us a cookie, please?

    Sar xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so good! i like to the make the ones straight off the quaker oats carton...and add tons of chocolate chips!!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM. and healthy-ish is my life motto, so this sounds perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah! Yum. Can I come over to your place with some ingredients and we'll have a baking session!? Looks like there is much I can learn from you. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you checked out Teresa Cutter's website? Her healthy recipes are delicious. Similar to yours here: http://www.thehealthychef.com/2012/01/banana-oatmeal-cookies/ I've recently bought her cookbook and am loving the healthy eating. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger