my creative space: yet another doll

Thursday, April 4, 2013


 Here she is, the other little doll I made last week when I was feeling blue. Her name is Celeste, and I'm going to hang on to her just in case I have a girl after all. You can see the first Black Apple doll I made here, and the second here. I'm linking up here today, and next week I hope to be back with another 'My Creative Space' post NOT involving dolls. We'll see...

Lastly, sorry for the silence this week. It's just been one of those run around like crazy weeks, and yet never seem to accomplish anything. Today, in fact, I put petrol in the car and when I went in to pay I realized I didn't have my wallet. I was terrified I had actually lost it, but I convinced the guy working to let me run home and look for it. Luckily, it was there so I went back to the service station immediately and paid. The guy looked relieved, and then told me I sound like Ryan Gosling. I'm going to take that one as a compliment. I think. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

12 comments:

  1. Your dolls are so sweet. And nothing wrong with giving it to a baby boy, either! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing, thank god he let you run home! Ryan Gosling huh? Maybe you should do a vlog haha! I love your little dolls, they are cute :)

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww these are adorable, great job!!!
    I make little matyroshka dolls, so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you're on a good thing...they are lovely Gaby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your dolls are adorable, and ryan hey? ...well I'd be taking it as a compliment too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. dolls aren't just for girls, maybe if you have a baby boy, he might like to hold on to it for a little while. something to make him smile made by his momma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Celeste. Lovely doll and lovely name, it's my sisters.

    Little boys need a doll too, they mightn't play with it as much, but I found it useful to play baby dolls with my son to get him ready for the concept of a sibling.

    I've had the forgotten my wallet moment – at the supermarket with a trolley full of shopping. Totally embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so talented! you could sell those dolls on etsy gaby! they are so cute. you better do a vlog so we can see if you really sound like ryan gosling...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i read this great interview once where ryan gosling said he started talking in a certain way bc he felt like that's how all the hollywood stars talked, with this affected voice. and then it just stuck and he can't not do it, even though no one in hollywood talks like that. so i would bet that he would think you have the darn coolest voice in all the land!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh goodness, they are beyond adorable. Would you ever consider opening a shop? When I have kids, I'd totally fill their shelves with these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dolls are delightful! They are so nicely made, I love their little capelets. You have a talent for this.

    It sounds as though you have pregnancy brain. I was so scatterbrained throughout both my pregnancies, I even forgot my wedding anniversary. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These dolls make me so happy. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger