nesting: the beginnings

Monday, April 8, 2013




- Enjoying a hot drink with friends at the addison road markets chait tent.
- A baby project in progress. It will be a mobile with a moon in the middle.
- Beautiful, beautiful kale for our daily green smoothies.
- A yellow carrot! Made into a yummy juice that I'll blog about soon.
- This week's flowers; I love how they look like mini pom poms.

This weekend, at 35 weeks pregnant, the husband and I finally starting nesting. To be honest, I haven't felt the nesting urge kick in yet but I'm a procrastinator so I suppose that's hardly surprising. You'll probably find me at 40 weeks pregnant scrubbing the bathroom with a toothbrush. In the meantime, we decided we better get down to business, instinct or not.

Over the weekend we visited Bunnings, Target, the Bower and Woolworths. We bought cloth nappies and face cloths to use in labour, cozy flannel pyjamas to pack in the hospital bag, baby singlets and other bits and bobs for labour and birth.

At home, we took advantage of a council pickup and de-cluttered like crazy. Best feeling ever. I also cleared out our spare room - a task I'd been avoiding for months - and got it all ready for my mom to stay. Of course, there was also some sewing for baby. A sweet little project I'll hopefully be sharing here on Thursday. Right now we're waiting on a chest of drawers I ordered online to arrive; when it does all of the baby's things will be put away. This week I'll go to Ikea, pack the hospital bag, and write some more lists. Oh so many lists...

p.s. this is my 501st post, wow!

17 comments:

  1. I love these flowers. De-cluttering feels so nice, definitely necessary in preparing for baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. De-cluttering is the best feeling! And the flowers are beautiful, I have no idea what they are called but I also love their pom pom look! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dahlias are beautiful! We have been buying a bunch a week from a tiny florist nearby - Sam loves the little pom-pom ones.

    Exciting times ahead, lady! Thinking of you all.

    Sar xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are adorable!

    Sarah

    www.etsy.com/shop/owleyevintage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those flowers. And that mobile is going to be so sweet! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to see the finished mobile! looks super cute already

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in the middle of a mobile project too... love that you're using maze and vale! It's going to rock! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds perfect : ) Those little stars are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished product : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. De-cluttering must've felt amazing!
    And I can't wait to see the finished mobile either, it looks so cute already...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love lists and de-cluttering. Pregnant or not if feels great to have a clear out and get things in order. These are happy times now Gaby, enjoy these last few precious weeks of pregnancy. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. the stars are super cute & the flower are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, those flowers are so cool! I love all of these photos, so fresh and spring-y.

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog! I'm your newest follower. :)

    xo
    Hailey
    www.somethingdevineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, I miss Marrickville markets soooo much. And how great is the chai?

    You are looking gorgeous in your 36 week shots!

    (and congrats on the kidspot top 100!) x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger