nesting: from summer to autumn

Tuesday, April 30, 2013





I know it's technically been autumn for a while now, but to this Vancouverite, it still feels very much like summer. That said, I have been finding myself slowly but surely nesting, autumn style. Knowing that the next few months will be spent mostly at home, I've tried to de-clutter and make little changes that make our space feel cozier.

This month I finally put a duvet on the bed, with a soft throw blanket and some bright pillowcases to break up all the white. I switched up my gallery wall with dropcloth artwork I won from Maze & Vale, a photo from our trip to New Zealand, and a photo Gui and Michaela took of us last week. In our little dining nook I changed up my plate wall. You can see what it used to look like here. These are a collection of plates from all over: Ikea, fancy kitchen stores, and the op shop, of course. Lastly, I traded my summery garland for one that screams winter. A cozy garland of teapots and teacups I crocheted a couple years ago.

And now I hope to spend these next few weeks reading good books, drinking tea and filling the freezer with nourishing foods and baked treats. While I still have time to read, do you have any book recommendations for me?

20 comments:

  1. The weather has only just begun to turn cool up here, & we too have been throwing ourselves into a little autumnal nesting...plenty of cosy white linens with accents in fall tones, & knitted blankets everywhere.

    I've been reading Falling Leaves by Adeline Yen Mah (a Chinese autobiography), & have just picked up(& struggle to put down) The Rosie Project.

    Sar xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your plate wall, it's so fresh and colourful. Also, I have pillow case envy! Are they by Orla Kiely? They are gorgeous, whoever designed them. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillows are so pretty!! I recently read and loved The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society!! Weird name, but a great read!! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can never reread harry potter enough. i love your plate collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love those plates on the wall, I used to have that and now it makes me wanna do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks really lovely! Great plate collection and beautiful cushions...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really love the eclectic plate collection. it's perfect for a dining nook.

    leyla.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I really love your decor. Those plates on the wall look amazing! It all looks very cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these inspirations in here. Got my eye on those pillows and on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful. I just love your style because it is simple, yet each little piece makes a statement. Definitely inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! I love the colorful pillowcases and your collection of plates. Very cozy indeed.

    P.S. I found you through my friend Kate's (Diapers and Skinny Jeans) Instagram. Looks like we are all very pregnant and due around the same time! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Gaby! How I am desperate to potter and nest...just need to find a house first! And how clever are you with the crocheting - what can't you do?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love plates on the wall, my ma has loads in her kitchen, it's so quirky and cute. Like the rest of your house by the looks of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the garland is so cute, and I love the plates collection also, it looks really cozy and perfect for these autumn days when one just feels like cuddling up in a blanket with a book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable space!!

    alyciamealy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pictures of your plates on the wall! I've been wanting to do something like that for ages--I'm just needing to build up my assortment. Yours is PERFECT! How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks lovely!
    love the pillows :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger