voices of 2013

Tuesday, April 23, 2013


Lately, I've been reflecting on this little blog of mine and how grateful I am for all the wonderful opportunities it's bringing me right now. Nothing earth shattering, I've just had some great experiences lately that I would not have had if it weren't for this blog. On the weekend, for example, I got to hang out with the sweetest couple who took my 37 week bump photos. I never would have met them were it not for blogging, and I'm glad that I did. On the way there I popped into a makeup artist friend's place so she could disguise my baby-won't-let-me-sleep-under-eye-circles. I realized as we drove there that I met her through blogging as well. Internet friends becoming real life friends, it's pretty damn cool.

I'm also completely delighted and amazed to have been included as a finalist in the Voices of 2013 top 100 bloggers. It was a total surprise to me (and I still don't know who nominated me, so if it was anyone reading right now, thanks!) and I'm honoured to have been chosen amongst some of my very favourite blogs.

And finally, just to round out the awesome week I'm having, I heard from Leslie of Maze & Vale that I won her giveaway! I love her fabric so much and I'm a bit tickled that she posted 2 of my projects today on her blog.

I probably don't say it enough, but thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave such thoughtful and encouraging comments.

* Photo by Ellen Arthur. She actually took this at the nursery way back in august, which is amazing because all the photos that I took that first day of shooting manual are rubbish. P.s. it's quite funny to see myself in photos where I'm not pregnant, like "oh, so that's what I look like without a giant belly!"


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing and congratulations on becoming a finalist in the Top Bloggers - certainly well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I completely agree with you - blogging is so wonderful! I have met so many friends, and been able to connect with people from across the world thanks to my blog, it's pretty amazing. so grateful! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photo of you. totally know what you mean about blogging! :) congratulations.
    kw, ladies in navy

    Zara giveaway

    Gap/Old Navy Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations, pretty lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the nomination, Gaby! You totally deserve it. I love This Little Port. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so darling! I just barely found your blog and read through a few posts. I'm excited to be a new follower. I love that you are a yoga teacher. I've been doing yoga for a few years, but I have so much respect for yoga teachers - it always seems like they have to work twice as hard to teach at the same time. Anyways, I look forward to reading more!
    xoxo
    Skye

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is both beautiful and exciting! I love that you were included and can totally see why :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so many things to be thankful for! You are a star. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your amazing nomination! Isn't the blogging community the best? I just adore being a blogger and the unexpected surprises and friendships that it's created for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Friend I am SO SO happy for you. But also this reminds me of how I didn't get the chance to see you when you were here! :(

    Ps. The blog looks so lovely. Maybe we should do a button trade. I'd love to have you up on my blog. Or name your price so I can be a part of yours! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger