guest post: easy recipes for new mums by kacie

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hello, This Little Port readers. I can't even tell you how truly thrilled I am for Gaby! Clementine is such a beautiful baby and I'm so excited, as I'm sure you are, to see Gaby thrive and grow in her new role as a Mama. As the mother of one little girl, and another set to arrive any day now, I am truly over the moon for her!

Gaby asked me if I would share a recipe that would be easy for a new mama to make, or for a friend to drop off for a newly expanded family. I know it's heading into winter over in Australia, so I'm including three of my favorite comfort food recipes that would be easy to make at home and drop off for a friend in need, and also easy for a new mom to whip up. Both the soup and the casserole can be easily doubled, with one batch to go in the freezer.

First up, this completely healthy and wonderfully comforting Butternut Squash Soup...
Next up is this gourmet version of Tuna Noodle Casserole, the ultimate comfort food...
 Finally, this is my recipe for Brown Butter Blueberry Muffins! They're so yummy and easy...
I hope this gives you (Gaby) some ideas for easy comfort food, and you (readers) some ideas for ways to support someone in need! 

Gaby, congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter. Whether you know it or not, you're already an amazing mom.

Love,
Kacie

* Thanks so much Kacie! If you don't already know Kacie's blog, A Collection of Passions, do yourself a favour and go check it out asap. She takes beautiful photos, features amazing recipes and has the cutest family that's set to expand any day now...  

6 comments:

  1. Oh, these look absolutely delicious! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! these look like awesome recipes for everyone!
    kw, ladies in navy
    jewelry giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh lovely! delicious for all us mama's anywhere! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of congratulations on your little one!!!
    I'm loving the recipe for butternut squash soup. This sounds like a perfectly elegant soup when you need something tasty yet has some substance to it. Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to trying out the Tuna Noodle Casserole!

    And as you saw on Instagram, I copied you and downloaded the Beautiful Mess App!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger