2 month clementine

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Last week our girl turned two months old. A month ago I wrote that it's true what they say - it goes by so fast. This month, I'm happy to report that it's also true what they say - it gets easier. There's nothing more magical than a newborn, but goodness they are hard work! While I wouldn't say that Clementine is in a routine (why oh why do people always ask me that?!?), she is somewhat more predictable than she used to be. She gives us one good chunk of sleep at night, and then wakes every 2 to 3 hours to nurse. But that one block of sleep is worth its weight in gold, even if it's only 4 hours. She's also much easier to settle now, with the help of some tips and tricks and the boobs of course.

At two months old Clementine is a smiling, kicking, cooing baby girl. She's also rather little, which has meant many visits to the GP and the paediatrician. I've worried about it, but now I've just come to accept that like all of the babies on my husband's side of the family, she is just small. Not all babies can be in the 90th percentile!

But boy does she pack a lot of personality into her tiny frame. She adores her dad and always seems to save her biggest grins for him. The kind of grin that makes her nose crinkle and her head cock to the side. It's the sweetest. Over the last few weeks it's been all about her hands, finding them and shoving them into her mouth to suck. She gets so upset when she loses her hand and can't find it again, as you can see in the last photo of her crying. I know this goes without saying, but I freaking love her. So much.


13 comments:

  1. a lovely "punk" princess!
    Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her hair!

    Gosh, I can't believe it's been 2 months already! I'm happy to hear it's gotten easier and hopefully it continues in that direction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clementine is soooooo cute! I was due for sunday, but I'm still waiting.... When I see th pics of Clementine, I am only looking more forward to my son!

    Enjoy your little princess!

    Xx fron the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ain't that the truth that given that new norms just eat, sleep and poop you would think it would be a breeze however as all new mum's come to learn that babies are a full time job. One of my favourite memories is when they start grabbing their feet (a little while yet) while they are on the change table it's so cute. My second baby Sienna was quite tiny and at 4 months I put her on formula and she grew and slept all night long because she was full. I knew she was drinking my breast milk but obviously I wasn't producing enough even though at the time I thought I was. This is of course only my situation and just thought I would share that. The other thing I thought you might be interested in is Pricalla Dunston who is an Aussie baby whisperer who has been on Oprah. Actually when I saw it on Oprah ages ago I think from memory priscalla had a musical degree, ear for music ans sounds. Anyway she worked out babies have a set number of cries and they mean different things and it's universal so a baby in Australia has the same set of cries that a baby in India has. Jump onto the website as you can get a DVD but I have noticed you can buy an $8 app which is handy. One thing with babies is because they can't talk we have to work out why they are crying. Thought it would be good to check it out. That would have been fantastic for me 10 years ago when my son was born. Love the baby photos and the crying one at the end is funny since you said she could find her fists. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOO pretty! She is the cutest. Love that hair. I wish I could pull that hair style off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is such a precious little girl. Thank you for sharing your experiences and all these sweet sweet photos of her!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. she is so beautiful!!!! love how you are documenting clementine's life :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't help but smile at the crying because she's lost her hand. She's so, so gorgeous and lovely. Can't wait for my next cuddle! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. and then my ovaries exploded...
    love sandy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the story behind the crying photo. Once they realize they have hands it's so neat to watch them try and discover the world around them, how their bodies work, and why they're not quite sure where those tasty fingers just went! ;) she is beyond precious, Gaby! Still can't get over all that awesome hair and big, bright eyes! All my babies are peanuts when they're little then they chunk right up. You're doing the best job! Happy two months, Clementine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. It is so nice that you are documenting all these moments, they will be a treasure for you in the future. -Blanca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog, and the pictures of your baby are just beautiful. She has the most gorgeous eyes. Congratulations on your newborn!

    p.s. I'm originally from Vancouver too but currently live in Italy.

    http://www.reesecarrozzini.com
    http://www.rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. that hair! I love it! She is so tiny compared to my two month chunk of a boy haha So funny to see how each little one is different

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger