first beach trip

Friday, August 9, 2013









Yesterday we took Clementine to the beach for the first time. In the late afternoon, when the sun was still high, we drove to Jericho. She was asleep when we got there so we hid under the shade of a tree. When she woke up we set up on the sand, with an umbrella (not the beach kind) for shade. She actually seemed even happier than she is at home; I think she liked the sea breeze. This poor Aussie baby of ours doesn't enjoy the heat. This makes me scared for Australian summer later this year...

Anyway, we think she's too small to swim but my husband and I took turns dipping her toes in the water. She had the cutest puzzled look on her face the whole time. As for us, I'm sad to say that after living in Sydney for a few years I chickened out and deemed the water too cold to swim. I'll try harder next time.

17 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! this is too cute! I love her mini bathing suit....and that beach looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously adorable! The baby and the bather! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second Clementine post I get to read today - it must be a very good day for me then. Let's stare at her for a while and forget that I should actually get some stuff for Uni done.

    Lots of love.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your swimsuit (and Clementine's!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness gracious. Your little one is just so beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The puzzled look on her face is adorable! You look stunning, Gaby - those bathers are beautiful.
    Glad to see you're all enjoying yourselves. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you, bikini babe! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww look at her in her suit and in the water, I totally remember madelynn's first dip ;) She had a little bikini :o

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just discovered your site through the comment you life on Natalie Creates and WOW! This is such a beautiful place. I just spent quite a while just clicking through, admiring your photos. Anyway, hi! I'm Kait :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, so great seeing your photos from Vancouver!! What a beautiful day, and your bikini is the CUTEST thing ever, adore it! I'd love to find a time to visit. I'll email you over the weekend and lets see what we can set up!!

    xo
    By The Shore

    ReplyDelete
  11. love these photos, and little babies in swimsuits at the beach are the cutest. thing. ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Lovely beach photos. Clementine is gorgeous. Love your bikini, by the way. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. and what a beach… ohh Vancouver. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. so tiny and cute! vacouver looks magical. i will have to add it to my must see list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my god her little toes, and her face and.. SHE IS THE CUTEST!!!! X

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger