maternity photography: Katie

Tuesday, October 29, 2013




Last week I got together with my dear friend Katie to take photos of her belly and her boys. This baby boy is due early in the new year and I can't wait to meet him!

To be honest, the afternoon was a comedy of errors beginning with the 35 degree weather we were having. We had to shoot at the worst time of day (thanks Clementine) so the light was harsh, and juggling the needs of two small people and a baby while taking photos was pretty damn funny. At one point, just as I was shooting, Katie's bra strap spontaneously broke and I had to tie it back together. We joked that at this rate, it would hardly have been surprising if she went in to labour!

Despite the challenges (ahem), I have to say that I'm pretty happy with how these turned out. I just love taking photos of families.

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful! You can't see the challenges you guys went through, they're all perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful pictures. sweet moment, that last one

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! She is glowing! :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she looks gorgeous and yes, these photos are brilliant! Did you shoot them on the GF1? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny - I shot on that same day! The family I shot is here - www.qwertyphotography.com.au And funnily enough I can also see the work of my friend Jack in the background in Petty Cash - he obviously still had his exhibition up at the time of your shooting. Small world! Lovely shots, and your friend Katie is obviously incredible since she also has time to do her hair in the most exquisite way with two small people around. Cheers, Cass

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out great! Maybe you can become a family photographer?! x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger