6 month Clementine

Friday, November 15, 2013


Six month old Clementine is a mover and a shaker. She's got places to go, people to see, things to do. She won't sit still (not even for a moment) and she loves to wriggle her way around the apartment. It's quite impressive how far she can get, considering she's not quite crawling. At about 5 and a half months old, she figured out how to get up to her hands and knees and scoot forward and back. Sometimes she adds a jump, like a little frog. Her other moves? Downward dog and plank. We expect she'll be crawling any day now, and in the meantime, we should probably consider some baby proofing…

Pure and utter joy, Clementine makes friends wherever we go. A quick trip to the shops always takes longer than expected, as she flashes her gummy smile and endears herself to any and all passing strangers. We have had some whinier than normal moments in this last month, but I find that carrying her around in the sling calms her right down.

In fact, I'm still amazed at how strong our physical bond is. She was crying last night, and when I went to her, picked her up and snuggled her close she immediately stopped. When that doesn't do the trick, a boob usually will. I'm so grateful that our nursing relationship is still going strong, especially as she's not a huge fan of solids. She likes pear and egg yolk, and that's about it. But as long as she's still breastfeeding, I know that she's getting the best food there is.

It's hard to believe that we're here, half a year on from meeting our babe. The other day we were all playing and my husband said, "life is better with her in it." Life with a baby can be sleepless, bewildering and downright hard but it's also filled with more laughs, kisses, cuddles and happiness than I thought possible. Life really is better with our Clemmie.


21 comments:

  1. look at her on her downward dog! she is a cutie Gaby! and I know what your husband means... life is so much better with babes

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is going to be crawling in no time! And then you and her are going to be extra busy. She is such a doll xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness she is adorable. her eyes, absolutely gorgeous.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so precious! Totally adorable.
    Get ready to run Gaby... she looks like she's ready to move.
    How cute are baby downward dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so adorable! And siw months already... Time sure flies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at her hair, is a gorgeous! She is a stunner, Gaby. I can hardly believe it's been 6 months already.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I always say this but she it absolutely adorable!

    http://tarinobambino.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! look at those eyes. I am going to say it they grow up soo fast.- they really do

    ReplyDelete
  9. such delicate features, and on the move already! 6 months! where did that go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at that deliciously squishy skin. I love tiny hands gripping tiny feet - always makes me think of chimpanzees (in the sweetest possible way of course!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stumbled upon your blog while reading Something Devine. You have such a cute little family! I'm new to the blogging community and can't believe I didn't start earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 6 months! That went quick, didn't it? Sending lots of hugs and kisses to her.

    PS: I'm ready to meet in 2 weeks if you're still keen. Email me?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh she's just so sweet! My little guy is up to all the same things. I really need to get on the baby proofing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh goodness she is beautiful. I love her to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She really is adorable.. such a sweet little girl! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's so cute and I can't believe she is 6 months old now. I love a smile and hugs from my kids and that never stops. It's more than you could imagine Nd also harder than you can imagine. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet summary of life with a baby girl. I feel exactly the same about my little one - life is such a joy with her in it x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know you are enjoying her! She is precious!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger