48/52

Sunday, December 1, 2013


"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Clementine: Our doula came to visit us this week. She hadn't seen Clementine since she was a newborn, so it was awesome to catch up.

Hiring a doula was a decision we made very early on in my pregnancy. Being my first pregnancy and labour, I knew it was likely to be long (it was!) and extra hands would be needed (they were!). I'm so glad we chose Brooke. She was there for us before, during and after my labour offering support, advice and encouragement. She also taught us all kinds of useful things like baby massage and how to bathe Clementine so she felt safe and comfortable. Now I always tell my prenatal students and pregnant friends to seriously consider using a doula.

Joining in on Jodi's 52 project.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful portrait! I'd love to know more about how you prepared for Clementine's birth. Michaela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet capture of baby Clementine in the arms of a beautiful soul who helped bring her into this big world. I hope your week is a lovely one. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaby, this is beautiful - you are a wonderful photographer and your little Clementine is adorable! Melinda (the second one who is admiring this awesomeness!)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger