I've been very much enjoying writing these kinds of posts lately; it's nice just to write what's on my mind without worrying about finding the perfect sentence or the best photo. Here's what I'm thinking about today:
- My husband's grandfather died unexpectedly on the weekend. We are all very sad but I'm grateful that there was time for us to say a proper goodbye. He was a wonderful man.
- In happier news, my mom booked a flight to come and visit us in March. I am so excited!
- This week I'm reading Frugavore, but I have to admit that I'm finding myself a bit discouraged as most of her ideas involve having a backyard and eating meat. Not to be a downer though, it is a great book.
- Since growing our own food will not be happening in our inner city flat, I'm considering joining the local community garden.
- I love that Clementine has been shot by some of my favourite photographers, including him and him in the last week. Can't wait to share!
- And speaking of photos, I just ordered a few more photo books from Artifact Uprising. I'm excited to see our Colombia pictures printed.
- While my husband was away last week I watched Blue Jasmine (brilliant and utterly depressing) and About Time (disappointing).
- I'm feeling a bit nostalgic as I go through Clementine's newborn clothes choosing pieces to lend to a friend who will soon be having a baby girl.
- Spending time with Kellie and her gorgeous bump yesterday also brought back some memories!
- Last night I made this dahl and it was delicious.
- I'm missing my bicycle.
- I'm thinking of doing a no-buy month (nothing but the essentials). I'm trying to get my friend on board because I think I can do it if someone's holding me to it…
What's up with you lately?