in the meantime

Monday, February 24, 2014


Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post; your sweet words were such an encouragement to me. We're still hoping for a miracle.

In the meantime, I am:

  • thinking about food! I just made these double chocolate muffins and they are awesome.
  • loving this post, from the same blog
  • enjoying baking. I've made two cakes recently: the sponge sandwich cake in the photo above and a cheesecake. I followed a Margaret Fulton recipe for the sponge and it was quite difficult. I ended up with a decidedly un-spongy sponge. The cheesecake, however, was delicious. Thank you Katie Lee.
  • admiring this French blog.
  • pleased that my husband and I went out 2 nights in a row last week. It was awesome.
  • looking forward to receiving my copy of Alphabet Family Journal in the mail sometime in April.
  • excited that Canada won the hockey game against Sweden. And the women's hockey final was thrilling as well.
  • needing a new book. I just finished reading The Snow Child, which I loved, and now I need some recommendations?
  • continuing no-buy-February, and it's going surprisingly well.
  • re-reading Kate's latest sling diaries post. I love her photos as well.
  • very grateful for friends who agree to babysit at the last minute.
  • hoping to go to more yoga classes soon.
  • getting very excited for my mom's arrival! She arrives in exactly one week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also doing a no buy February - I'm calling it frugal February! I've just finished reading The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (loved it) and Perfect by Rachael Joyce. I've just picked up Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell - hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabby, I just finished with Bianca Zander's, The Girl Below, a quick read that was hard to pin point where it would go, and the ending was good and unpredictable for me. Also just started Amy Hatvany's heart like mine that I'm finding hard to put down also. Cheers, Emma

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger