10 month old clementine

Thursday, March 13, 2014


all photos by Gui Jorge

Ten month old Clementine is a whirling tornado of destruction. Her favourite thing to do (and she spends hours doing it) is to pull things off shelves and out of drawers. Clothes, books, diapers, pots… you name it! She's also pretty handy at removing any attempt at baby proofing. We've tried two different kinds of corner protectors and she swiftly figured out how to pull them off. Thankfully now we have a playpen filled with toys (we call it baby jail), and she'll happily play in there while I make lunch or put a load of laundry on.

This month Clementine has started to stand on her own pretty confidently. This is almost always followed by a chuckle as she throws her arms up and launches towards me. I think she's pretty happy with her new trick. And just this evening she attempted her first steps; it didn't go well but I'm sure she'll keep trying.

She continues to be a total water baby, loving the bath and more recently, swimming in the ocean. She splashes and laughs, tries to drink the water and kicks her legs like she's swimming. And then she cries when we try to take her out.

The other funny thing we've noticed lately is that she's not as pale as we thought. My husband and I were convinced that we'd have the whitest baby on the planet, but it looks as though some latina genes came through because she's kind of olive skinned. I only figured this out when I saw her next to some other babies, and noticed that she looked tanned in comparison. Her hair, however, is definitely lightening. I think she'll be a blond toddler.

What else? She likes to have her photo taken. She waves as soon as you say 'goodbye.' She rubs her eyes frantically when she's sleepy. She loves watermelon. She gives the best high five's. She's a bit better in the car these days and naps quite well in her carseat. She's starting to pull her own diapers off (fun). She laughs hysterically when you tickle her. She spends all day saying "da da da, dada, dad…" And most importantly, she makes us endlessly, ridiculously happy.



13 comments:

  1. That last frame is just darling! Can't believe she is almost 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her little yoga pose at the end.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LATINA GENES?!?!?! That made me laugh out loud. And girl, Clem's downward dog is AMAZING. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's an absolute stunner! Gorgeous images. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet tornado baby! it's amazing how someone so little can be such a force to reckon with! loads of love, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last photo? NAILED IT. Way to go, Clementine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe, how cute! I love that last shot in particular; she obviously takes after you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how MOBILE she is! She's fantastic!

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh goodness 10 months already?! she is all too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooow how fast is the time running? She is still the cutest little person on earth though. I'm glad mothers like you share their lives and snippets of their baby luck with us, because I think otherwise I would've already gone mental and tried to have a perfect little baby of my own haha. Clem always looks either very happy and curious or extremely thoughtful in the pictures you take. I love that! Also, I love the little fluff of hair on her head :D how can you not have your hands in it?


    Thank you for the cuteness overload on a dull tuesday morning :)

    Lots of love from Germany,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is getting SO big! Gosh... slow down, baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You two are just so gorgeous I can't stand it! What a wonderful little fun girl she sounds like.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

this little port All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger