grandmothering

Monday, March 10, 2014


My mom arrived in Sydney last Monday. In the first 24 hours that she was here she bleached our shower curtain, mopped, washed dishes, did laundry, vacuumed and let me sleep in! She also took care of Clementine, and we wondered how much she might remember given that the last time they saw each other (in person) was 5 months ago.

The relationship between grandparent and grandchild is such a wonderful thing. I only wish that we could get all of the grandparents to live in the same city! But for now, we'll be here, enjoying the time we do have with her abuela.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful mother you have!!! Enjoy every moment, Gaby.
    Love,
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous image. Such a blessing she is - enjoy this this time with your mama.

    Sar xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh! how nice Gaby! having your mom visiting is the best, keep ennjoying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you send her over to bleach my shower curtain? I'm glad you're enjoying her time here - and getting a little sleep in too! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just the cutest!
    Michaela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't Mums fantastic like that when they just get in there and help out and make things better. My mother in law (my ex's mother) is like that with the cleaning or pegging washing etc. My mother is amazing with my kids but as my mother in law stays with us when she visits from Melbourne she does those things. So glad your Mum is here to enjoy your beautiful daughter too. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

this little port All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger