indian summer

Friday, March 21, 2014


We're in the middle of an Indian summer, here in Sydney. During the day, the heat and humidity are constant and at night we're still sleeping with fans close by and nothing to cover us but a light sheet. While I'm getting quite sick of the never-ending heat, the one silver lining is that it's still beach weather. I've taken my mom to several beaches during her trip, but this postcard perfect one is my favourite. Hands down.

Last week, on yet another hot day, we drove south to the Royal National Park. It's a bit of a trek from Sydney, but oh so worth it. We had Wattamolla beach almost all to ourselves; no need to fight for a patch of sand and a piece of water like at most Sydney beaches. The water was crystal clear and we wasted no time diving in and taking Clementine for a swim. She cried when it was time to get out.

I've heard before that autumn is the best time for ocean swims, and I'm starting to believe it.

7 comments:

  1. Definitely the best time as the water is at its warmest. Looks glorious. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous! i love indian summers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wattamolla is my favourite place to go. The lagoon is so glorious and warm and perfect to float along in. There is shade, sun, water and sand. It has the best of all worlds - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! beautiful photos! that beach looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning beach! I can almost feel the water!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a lovely day. it's been hot hot hot here in Bali, though we have rain here and there a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think England has been hogging all the rain! It has done nothing but rain since the beginning of December. How we long for a night without a very big duvet! x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger