11 month clementine

Tuesday, April 15, 2014


It's hard to believe that these monthly updates will soon be coming to an end, with Clementine's first birthday just around the corner. Once a month, for the past 11 months, I've done a little photoshoot with my girl (some were carried off with more planning and organisation than others) and then I've sat down in front of my computer with a cup of tea and my Mom's One Line a Day journal to write. I almost always ask my husband what has stood out to him over the last month, and together, we come up with these updates. As with all of my memory keeping endeavours, I'm so very glad I've taken the time to do this. And I have to say that I enjoy the process as much as the result.

Over this last month, Clementine has become more and more engaging. She claps her hands when she's happy about something or when I say "yay!", shares her food with us and thinks it's great when we actually eat it, and points at people and things of interest. One thing I'm relishing right now is that she's getting quite good at playing by herself. She'll spend ages flipping through her books, or playing with her wooden stacking toys. Other favourites include: going up and down stairs, having her hair brushed, swimming, climbing, playing peek-a-boo, pulling her diaper off, being chased, and eating sushi.

But my very favourite development is that Clementine is turning into a cuddler. She loves to be held and will wrap her little arms around my neck and snuggle into my shoulder. I'm trying to teach her to give kisses, and her dad insists that she has kissed him on the cheek. We're really lucky that she's such a people person, because this cuddling isn't reserved for just us. Oh no, she wants all of our friends and family to pick her and up and hold her as well. And thankfully, she seems to quite enjoy hanging out with babysitters. I know this could change, so for now, I'm taking advantage.

See you here next month, for her 12 month update!



p.s. sorry for the abundance of photos, I call this series: the many faces of Clementine.

7 comments:

  1. Oh she is just the cutest thing ever and I can't wait for one of those cuddles! Beautiful pictures Gaby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she's just delicious! I'm really hoping to do something similar with our impending little one, if not to blog it just for my own memory keeping efforts. This age looks delightful, and you must love the cuddling stage. A few people have told me that boys are much more cuddlers than girls, I wonder if that's true? Either way it's pretty heart exploding stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe how fast this last year has gone! She has grown into such a beautiful little girl/cuddler :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can't believe she is almost one year old! Love this series and her many many faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Also, are those succulents in the top left for real??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell me how you manage to keep her seated nice and still for you to take photos?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't do it on my own! I have to get someone to help me. In this case my friend Henar was standing behind me singing and making faces :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger