away: to the south coast

Friday, April 11, 2014



While my mom was here last month, we went down the South Coast for a few days. When we left Sydney we intended to stay for just one night, but we changed our minds as soon as we got there. It was just too good. I always love getting out of the city, and the South Coast really is the most magical place. The green rolling hills come right down to the ocean, and while you're swimming in the sea you can see cows grazing in a field next to you.

Some of our favourites from our short trip include:
  • In Kiama, we loved the shop Deer Willow. My mom and I picked up matching Turkish beach towels that are so nice, they double as a drapey scarf.
  • We stayed here, which was very kid friendly and has a beach and a pool. Score.
  • In Berry, we had lunch at the famous Berry Sourdough Cafe. I know the lines there can be insane (we were there midweek and it was totally fine) but luckily there's Milkwood Bakery if you just can't wait for your pastries and coffee.
  • Upon a recommendation from a friend, we checked out Harp Handmade in Berry. Beautiful Australia-made clothing and gelato, what could be better?
  • Me oh my did I love the rock pool at Werri Beach

8 comments:

  1. Stunning!! What kind of camera/ lens do you use? Your pics are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaby, these photos are absolutely beautiful, and what an amazing spot! I'm swooning + I love the idea of swimming in the ocean and seeing cows grazing, so sweet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also love to know what camera you use! I love your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! i use a canon 7d with a 50mm f/1.4 lens, and i edit with lightroom and vsco. hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. the south coast looks AMAZING. would love to visit sometime. you are soooo talented. beautiful pictures!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It looks/sounds absolutely magical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you even decide what photos to frame and place in your home? Every photo you post here..... I would want hung up!
    You should look into the site Artifact Uprising for putting all those gorgeous memories into books. I think you'd REALLY love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful Gaby. My heart tenderly misses your mama for you...!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger