f i v e

Thursday, April 24, 2014


Five years ago today, we woke up on a farm in Mudgee. Over breakfast and coffee, I looked out the window and asked our friend/best man/witness, "do you think it's going to rain?"

"Not a chance, Gary,*" he replied, "not a chance."

A few hours later, right before our wedding was to begin, it started to pour. We had to change the location of our ceremony 10 minutes before it was to happen.

So our wedding wasn't perfect, and neither is our marriage. Sometimes I think we have to remind ourselves of that fact when we look around this blog world of ours; no one has a perfect relationship. But we laugh a lot, say "I love you" every day, and sometimes we say "I'm sorry" too. And five years in, I can genuinely say that we are happy, in love and enjoying where we are. For that, I am grateful.

*inside joke between our friends, who have been calling me Gary for 6 years now

8 comments:

  1. Gaby this is beautiful. Happy five years to you and your love. Being able to choose love everyday is a wonderful blessing and it warms me that you both choose it with each other.

    Here's to the next five! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Five Years! Good to see you and the little one today and I hope you and husband will have a lovely date night out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing for a More years of happiness to come :))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words are so true. Wishing you a hundred more years of happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, lovely read! happy five years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are such a beautiful couple, and I believe it's all the bumps that make relationships real & ultimately beautiful. Sending big love to you both!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 5 years! This is so true, such beautiful words. Grateful I read them today xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger