12 month clementine (and a video!)

Monday, May 12, 2014



Twelve month old Clementine is FUN! Girl is seriously extroverted and just loves to play. She's obsessed with other kids, and if they happen to be smaller than her, well then they'll be smothered by her kisses and hugs. If they're bigger than her, then she'll follow them around laughing. She loves to be the centre of attention and whenever I take her to playgroups and sing-alongs she insists on climbing all over whoever is leading the activity. 

This month Clementine has:
  • Learned to give kisses. They're open-mouthed slobbery kisses and we love them. 
  • Become very, very determined. And when she doesn't get what she wants… oh dear. This makes me genuinely afraid for the terrible twos. 
  • Decided that she needs to feed herself. My kitchen floor has never looked better...
  •  Become quite attached to her stuffed animals and dolls. She cuddles them, carries them around with her and kisses the top of their heads. It's the cutest. 
And lastly, she started walking! She took her first few steps the day after her birthday. The look on her face was priceless. She's all wide eyed and wobbly, like a little drunk zombie. Every day she grows a bit more confident, and I'm sure it won't be long before she's running away from me.

So there we have it, one full trip around the sun. The best and most exhausting year of my life. 

I love you Clementine, thank you for making me a mom. It's my favourite thing.



p.s. the song is Clementine by Megan Washington
p.p.s. Clementine's dress in the photos is c/o Joules. Her cardigan was handmade by my abuela, who died when I was 8 months pregnant. It is so special to me and I hope Clementine keeps it forever.

19 comments:

  1. I love that song. It suits her personality so well, doesn't it? Happy 12 months, Clementine. You sure are darling! xxxxx So much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see another baby pushing their pram along from the bottom. I thought I was the only person that ever had to endure that!!!!
    Clementine is delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful. You can just tell how loved Clementine is xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heart! Beautiful Clementine, the world is a must happy place with you here! And I feel so blessed be watching you grow. Cutest video ever and totally the best song! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet baby girl! I love the photo of her little wrinkled nose :) That sweater is absolutely beautiful, and what a wonderful story behind it. It's so funny reading her little updates, since Amelia is going through a lot of the same stuff (oh man I am so scared of the terrible twos if it's anything like what we're dealing with now!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaby the video is so sweet! thanks for sharing ;) that handamde dress will be a treasure for her I'm sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness she is like a little ball of perfection I die! That is so fun that you keep monthly updates on her, its better than a scrap book, it'll be so nice to go look back to that, and she will be too, something I for sure want to do when I have children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweet Clementine! She is divine, Gaby - and this video is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clementine, you certainly are a little ray of sunshine. You never fail to brighten my day with that smile and those eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so going to say I hoped that cardigan was sentimental because it is so beautiful. I think having things like that handmade are the most precious and perfect things. My 3 year old wears my old dresses and even some of my moms!!!! Good quality lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you thoughts came to the conclusion to be in favor of publishing Clementine photos for the time being?
    I'd love to read a blog post about the thought process you had on the topic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, your little one has THE most amazing eyes! What a beauty. Happy first birthday to Clementine! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go Clementine! Love that photo and really enjoy your blog posts, and I apologize I don't always show it, but you have many dedicated blog followers, including meeeeee. What a wonderful cinco de mayo party you had. I have a birthday gift for Clementine in my closet, but due to ludicrous postage fees, it may have to wait until summer time. Lovely video. It's odd, I've seen you with Clementine in person and follow the blog regularly, but watching you in the video with her, it struck me again like "OMG Gaby is a MOM and this small person came out of her!" Love being able to watch her personality develop. She's unstoppable now, the little drunk zombie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a mom, I even have mom jeans ;) I can't wait to see you, hopefully soon. Still struggling to find flights, argh. Miss you!

      Delete
  14. Congrats! The first birthday and now walking, that's major. It's crazy, right? My Luna took about 14 months to take those steps and then a few weeks after to go to full-time walking. It feels like it's never going to happen and then--Boom--it's normal. It's so amazing to see Clem outgrowing her baby face and maturing into her toddler face--if that makes sense? The cardigan story definitely made my heart hurt, it's so special you have that to treasure. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 12 months Clementine! She's such a cutey :) Loved the video and the song fits perfectly. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy (belated) first birthday, what a little gem she is! I couldn't help but notice her sweet cardigan and then read your note at the end, so precious....x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, how sad that your abuela was not around to see Clementine. At least she knew you were going to have a little girl? My abuela Sara was a midwife in Argentina she helped 1000s of babies be born using a new "no or relative no pain" birthing method over 60 years ago. She helped deliver me and my brother so many years ago. She never found out I was pregnant and died the same year I got pregnant with my son Joaquin who is now 7. I named my daughter Zalia after her.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger