repurposed hot water bottle cover

Friday, July 18, 2014


This week, I took some time to shift things around a bit to give myself a sewing space. By putting our big, bulky printer in the closet, I freed up enough room to leave my sewing machine on a desk in our main living space. All of my sewing supplies and fabric are still in a chest of drawers in the hall, but at least now I don't have to also haul out my sewing machine any time I want to work on a project.

I have a few things on my 'to make' list, but I decided to warm up with something super simple: a hot water bottle cover. Inspired by The Crafty Minx, I cut up an old (holey) sweater of mine to create this cozy cover. I love how it looks and feels like I'm cuddling a favourite sweater; absolutely perfect for this blustery day we're having.

Hope you all have a very happy weekend!

5 comments:

  1. So perfect! I love those little pockets of creativity. Thanks for the inspiration lovely, need a water bottle or two here today as well. Have a beautiful weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it! Have a great weekend. Linda. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, what a great idea. It does make a huge difference being able to leave the machine out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't get that link to work? Your sewing project looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really excellent use for an old sweater! I love it. x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger