healthy(ish) apple crumble for one

Friday, August 29, 2014


You all probably know by now that I love, love, love dessert. My husband, however, does not. He's weird.

Anyhow, this means that whenever the mood strikes to make sweet treats, I end up eating them all myself. So when I'm feeling sensible, I opt for individual desserts, like this healthy(ish) apple crumble. This is a pretty simple, just-wing-it kind of recipe, but here it is in case you're a recipe follower:

Ingredients:
1 apple
1 Tablespoon flour (any kind you like)
1 Tablespoon sugar (I used rapadura)
1 Tablespoon rolled oats
1 Tablespoon butter
pinch cinnamon
pinch salt

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease a ramekin.

Peel and dice your apple, then place in the ramekin. Combine the rest of the ingredients, cutting in the butter last until you have a mixture that resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple. Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes.

Enjoy with a big scoop of ice cream!

14 comments:

  1. My partner doesn't eat dessert either. They are weird. I however have all those ingredients on hand and am feeling slightly peckish. Thanks. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!

    And yes, he is weird! I love dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm. We make a similar large recipe although probably more sugar & butter ;-)

    I love the idea of individual portions though - perfect when one needs a little treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband isn't a big dessert fan either. (Crazy!) So I'm in the same boat! Maybe I should give this a try. :) It looks so Fallish and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! I have to try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bane of my existence... my partner ALSO doesn't like dessert. What. Is. Going. On. This is a great little recipe, am definitely going to have to do this one evening! On my lonesome ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved making apple crumble, but I'm not a fan of eating it! Strange, I know - I have a thing about cooked apple and no matter how often I try to overcome it, I just can't! Oh well, at least I can still make crumble and just give it to others to eat. (I do like a blackberry crumble myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only man I know that likes sweets is my father! My partner doesn't eat sweets either, but I love baking and find I cannot eat it all myself (well I could, but shouldn't)! Thank you for the cozy recipe! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gaby - I was wondering which camera and lens you use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! These photos were taken with my new lens, the Canon 35mm f/1.4. I've only just gotten this lens though so most of the photos on my blog were taken with my Canon 50mm f/1.4 (not L series). Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  10. oh yum! I've recently started to do single serving desserts and love it! this looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will make this for two, though, hahaha, we both love dessert. But I think I love it more. I could skip dinner and go straight to dessert.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger